Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Trinidad Port of Spain – direct from next Summer – Club seats available

• Joecooljoe 49 posts

Admittedly niche, but Port of spain has gone direct from next summer and avios availability is pretty open in club. Had my original easter holiday flights (in econ) cancelled today and changed to a club direct flight the day before (paying the extra taxes of course). Seatspy subscription paid for itself this year!

Had to haggle a bit on the phone to avoid paying the change fee (could only book me in original class). I said that getting a full refund and rebooking was more admin for everyone and he went away to check and came back saying he could do it.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Thanks for this – we’ve put an article up, with some other routes too.

bobthebuilder 27 posts

Thanks @Joecooljoe. I’m part of the niche market that this impacts, and a positive change for us, not having to wait in St. Lucia for an hour. Of course, it means the return flight now leaves at 3pm-ish, so that cuts short the last day out there. And lands at 5:15am at Gatwick. :-/

Joecooljoe 49 posts

@bobthebuilder means I’m back in the Premier Inn the night before!

Was thinking, with guaranteed 4 seats per flight and that this was a change from an indirect where there were also 4 seats that needed reaccommodating, that’s 8 of the 32 club world seats gone to avios on this Gatwick fleet.

Thanks for flagging Tobago too Rob.

scottishwolf 13 posts

These Gatwick flights are attractive in terms of destination & seat availability, but the options to/from Gatwick for domestic connections/positioning are awful.

One flight to and from Scotland each day?

Leaves you considering the journey from Gatwick to Heathrow or an overnight at Gatwick…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.