Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Radisson Rewards Trouble linking Radisson account with Amex Platinum

• smitrax 21 posts

I took advantage of the recent Amex platinum charge card offer and have been trying to link my card to my Radisson reward account.

I’ve used the correct digits from my Radisson membership number but it is still showing as ‘pending’ after over 3 weeks. Spoke to Radisson rewards who said they can’t help and spoke to Amex who have logged the issue but still not resolved.

Any suggestions? I’m looking to transfer a few points to get to a level where I can book at a reward night in 10 days from now so some urgency.

phantomchickenz 313 posts

Did you get this resolved? I can’t even seem to link my accounts – constantly getting an entirely unhelpful “Sorry, there has been an error!”

Bill 169 posts

Similar problems.

I linked my accounts and successfully transferred points, but my Radisson status didn’t update.

Despite phone calls to try and sort it out, which all promised to fix, nothing ever happened. I ended writing a letter to Amex.

Paasan69 30 posts

I’ve had the same issue for months. Reading this thread reminded me that I should try to set it up again. Same error again. Contacted AmEx Support this morning and got in touch with a CSA that seemed very knowledgeable about the issue. The CSA asked about my RR account number and a few additional details. Informed me that the link was now established and later told me that only the first 10 (out of 16) digits should be used when attempting to link the accounts. My account is now in pending status and will hopefully clear within a few days. Perhaps you could attempt to remove the last 6 digits when attempting to link the accounts?

phantomchickenz 313 posts

I’ve had the same issue for months. Reading this thread reminded me that I should try to set it up again. Same error again. Contacted AmEx Support this morning and got in touch with a CSA that seemed very knowledgeable about the issue. The CSA asked about my RR account number and a few additional details. Informed me that the link was now established and later told me that only the first 10 (out of 16) digits should be used when attempting to link the accounts. My account is now in pending status and will hopefully clear within a few days. Perhaps you could attempt to remove the last 6 digits when attempting to link the accounts?

Success! Makes no sense whatsoever, but using the first ten digits did the job to link the accounts. Thanks!

Have tried to transfer a token 3 points to make sure it works.

chengtak 5 posts

Hi, have you managed to link your account in the end with the first 10 digits? I am going through the same process and it says pending.

Thanks,

Paasan69 30 posts

Hi, have you managed to link your account in the end with the first 10 digits? I am going through the same process and it says pending.

Thanks,

I can see that this thread needs an update. My account was in a pending status for at least 3 weeks after the AmEx CS linked it before I received a filed message. Further investigation led me to remove the FIRST 6 digits (not the last) when entering my details. After a few days, I received a success message and the account was linked.

Scottpat78 243 posts

To add to this – Radisson have split their Rewards programme and I enrolled my Platinum benefit for ‘Radisson Rewards’. I then contacted Radisson to ask them to apply the gold status to my Radisson America Rewards account, and they refused.

I contacted Amex Plat yesterday to ask them to enrol me into the 2nd programme, the agent took it away with my full Americas account number and talked to their back office team then called me back today and advised they have enrolled me into the Americas programme now as a second enrolment. I now have gold across both my Radisson accounts.

Might be worth a conversation into Amex Plat via the contact number to help this.

gtellez 162 posts

i am having problems to link my accounts to transfer MR points. I have tried with the first 10 digits of my account and it is pending now. I have done a dummy trasnfer of 3 MR to check if it works. Do you know how long does it take? I need to do a booking for mid October. Hopefully I could solve the situation before and all the points I need by then (and hopefully there are still rooms available with points…)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.