Two day delay
29th August 2022 at 17:25cabal of rabid baboons
If we accept BA’s offer to fly us home from Zagreb two days late due to cancellation do we simply accept the change and then submit a claim for two nights accommodation and meals?
We’re happy to extend our holiday at BA’s expense.
Ta29th August 2022 at 19:00Carlos
Speak to BA first as there might be a cap on hotel price per night or their preferred supplier list29th August 2022 at 19:40ChrisC
BA will tell you a maximum of £200 but that’s their own policy. In the regulation there isn’t a maximum.
There is an expectation that you act reasonably. It’s reasonable to try and stay at your current hotel or similar but not to upgrade yourself to a better hotel.
There is little point in trying to contact BA because they will tell yiu £200 ans to book it yourself and claim after.
You can also claim back for reasonable meals (no booze though)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The perfect airport doesn’t exist, but the new Paris Charles de Gaulle ‘Extime’ upgrade is close
Bits: new Qatar insurance rules, design a BA beer can, free Fairmont night from Emirates
Bits: fly BA Club World on short haul – or fly Titan, Virgin ends Plaza Premium Clubhouse access
Bits: Virgin’s missing reward seats, Elizabeth Line gets faster to Heathrow, Inverness Airport station
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- AJA on New member saying Hello!
- JDB on Nassau, Grand Cayman and Providenciales Back to T5!
- flymeanywhere on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- qc on Sri Lanka: trouble possibly brewing again
- Harrier25 on Purchasing which vouchers qualify towards Amex minimum spend ?
- nectar collector on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- AJA on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- Harrier25 on No AMEX Avios or MR points posted since 5th Feb
- secretsquirrel on Purchasing which vouchers qualify towards Amex minimum spend ?
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on EI on BA code
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.