Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Two rooms but one is booked with OTA

• HJ 37 posts

I have a bit of a strange situation and couldn’t find an answer elsewhere, so hoping someone here might be able to help.

I booked a suite at a hotel via an OTA as it was much cheaper than direct (BRG failed for the usual BS). I linked my Honors number in the hope of some diamond recognition while im there and it now shows correctly in my account.

Fast forward 2 weeks later and my MIL is also coming along… she’s happy in a standard room and booking direct is similarly priced, so I go ahead and book her room under my account too.

Now what I’m expecting to happen is room 1 (me) won’t receive any points/stay credit and room 2 (mil) will post as normal, but I’m not 100% sure as both rooms are on the same account.

Can anyone advise on what should happen here?

The Savage Squirrel 570 posts

That’s exactly what SHOULD happen. You just might score some HH points etc for your room as they sometimes still post, but of course have no reason for complaint if you get nothing for that room.
    If she’s alone then I’d add yourself to her room booking as the 2nd guest in that room to guarantee that you both get a breakfast (excl USA).

NorthernLass 7,577 posts

I’ve had Hilton bookings linked to my account on several occasions where I haven’t booked direct (BA Holidays and once via hotels. com) Never had points (and wasn’t expecting any), but did get upgrades, breakfast and free wifi.

BJ 657 posts

Yes, should be points on MIL room only for MIL room. You will also get that room credited for status but not the otger. However, as TSS and Anna both indicate YMMV, just down to hotel and systems. Best just to expect nothing and then you’re happy whatever you get. There is a chance you will be offered a two-room suite if they have one and it’s available.

HJ 37 posts

Thanks all. I’m not too bothered if room 1 doesn’t post, I was more concerned they both might get zeroed. All good if at least one room posts correctly since it will land me the nice milestone bonus.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.