Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Virgin Atlantic Two credit card vouchers earned in 2020 – error?

• Amy C 372 posts

Am I going mad? Currently I am battling Virgin as they’ve not issued my voucher even though I spent over 10k just before my year end date in Oct 2021.

While producing various bits of evidence for the Ombudsman I’ve since realised something odd. I was issued two vouchers previously which I knew about and never questioned, one in July 2020 and the other in Oct 2020. How is that possible? It’s one a year.

omicron 50 posts

I was also somehow issued two vouchers in 2020, despite only being supposed to be issued one. The 2nd voucher was issued a few months after the 1st one.

I’ve decided not to query them about it in case they realise the mistake 🙂

Amy C 372 posts

So it’s not just me! I’m currently fighting them for the one they should have issued in Oct 2021 and the case handler pointed this 2 voucher in one year thing to me and I can’t explain it. Unless it’s because I spent 20k that year and the system issued 2 by mistake for that, ie 10k spend x 2. Still an error on their part. I still want the one for last year I’m owed regardless. 😌

Sean Mc 66 posts

According to my Virgin account I had 9 vouchers issued at 1 point!

Amy C 372 posts

How the hell?

Sean Mc 66 posts

How the hell?

Like you – think it tried to issue one on every 10K. Didn’t test if they were all valid- agent did say that is unusual though!

Sean Mc 66 posts

To clarify agant said that when looking at my account when I made a booking – I did not query them.

billyrayvalentine 25 posts

We prob need to keep quiet about this

ChasP 162 posts

We prob need to keep quiet about this

fat chance of using one let alone the three I have

Whatsthepoint 122 posts

When I came to book outbound flights using the one voucher I thought I had, the Virgin Atlantic agent, caught me by surprise and said I had 2! I did check and lo and behold I was issued a second one about a week before. She told me exactly how to use them to get the best deal, I was very happy! Two returns to Orlando in Upper Class, for 95k miles and taxes. Thanks Virgin!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.