Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards UK IHG redemption ideas with baby and toddler

• aseftel 267 posts

I have a couple of free night vouchers that I need to book with by year end. Please could I have some suggestions for UK properties outside London for two adults, a two year old and a baby? Unfortunately it’s a bit of a pain trying to figure out whether a room can fit two cribs (or what higher room category that they might take a cash supplement for), so hoping readers here have some useful experience. I am Spire but not Ambassador if that makes a difference.

To expand the brief a bit:
    – The vouchers are of course valid for any hotel, so I’d prefer to get a good points ‘saving’ on it (otherwise I might as well just use points). I’m thinking IC/Kimpton/Indigo/CP rather than HI/HIE
    – We had a great time at Indigo Bath this year but would like to explore somewhere else rather than return
    – Can either drive or take public transport from London (wouldn’t want to e.g. walk a mile uphill from the nearest station though)
    – I’d ideally like to pay extra (up to, say, £150) to upgrade to a suite, so we have a separate space to hang out in the evening after the kids are asleep. Again it’s really hard to look for this without going property-by-property in the booking system!
    – Bonus points for a pool

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Have you considered Staybridge suites?

aseftel 267 posts

To follow up with some details from hotels I contacted:

Intercontinental Edinburgh: Urban room is too small for two cots, as well as Superior (next category up). Deluxe is the smallest room that would fit, £40/nt for the upgrade. Ambassadors only upgrade to Superior.

Kimpton Edinburgh: Entry-level Essential room does fit two cots.

Indigo Stratford-upon-Avon: They will accommodate the request in the standard room but advise it would be ‘rather tight’. Can upgrade to a Superior room for £65/nt or a suite for £95/nt.

Lady London 2,054 posts

Coombe Manor if you’re not tied to a chain.

Benilyn 150 posts

Indigo Stratford-upon-Avon: They will accommodate the request in the standard room but advise it would be ‘rather tight’. Can upgrade to a Superior room for £65/nt or a suite for £95/nt.

Will be v hard with 2 cots, I would not bother in the base room. Quite expensive for the upgrade, maybe push for a better rate.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.