Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards UK World Elite Mastercard / Visa Signature info

• MarkC1978 9 posts

Hi,
    I have curve metal and the Barclaycard Avios Plus card, both I believe are world Elite Mastercard’s. I also have a metal Revolut subscription which I believe is Visa signature card.

I have read and understood the benefits I get from Curve & Revolut with their respective metal subscriptions, I think there may be other benefits on both too. Is this correct? If so, could someone point me in the right direction to understand what the benefits are today for both the Visa & Mastercard please? Everything I have seen online is going back to 2017, the details I have found (email address etc) do not seem to be working any longer.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Luca M 391 posts

We have spoken about World Elite benefits in the dedicated Barclaycard Avios thread. MC world Elite does offer some enhanced benefits if the issuing bank sign up to them, which in the UK may actually only be Santander.

Other then that, it is a way for MC and The issue if bank to get higher processing fee outside of the EU/UK, as the cards are aimed at travellers, there is an increased chance that at least some of the spending will be done in foreign currency.

As far as I know, Visa has never properly launched their version of premium card benefits (Signature/Infinite) in Europe, outside of some top Private Banks (E.g. UBS, Societe Generale, etc), and even there, it looks like is the bank offering this benefits directly via a third party concierge service, so no known benefit for sure for the likes of Revolut or Wise Business cards

MarkC1978 9 posts

Ok thanks for taking the time to reply.
    I will have a look in the thread you mentioned too.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.