Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Other hotel schemes Universal Orlando – Amex Portal

• CyberMan 13 posts

Looking to book a few nights in a Universal hotel later this year, seeing Portofino Bay falls under FHR, and Sapphire Falls is THC.

I’ve stayed at Royal Pacific before, and with it being a Premier hotel, it comes with the unlimited express pass (100% worth paying the extra for this perk imo). Since then, I’ve got a Platinum card, so have access to FHR, and the extra perks for staying at Portofino Bay are looking pretty attractive.
    – Room Upgrade
    – $100 Dining Credit
    – Free breakfast
    – Early checkin & late checkout

Staying at Portofino Bay works out at about £60 more for the stay, and should include all of the benefits above, I’ve worked out that breakfast works out at something like $35pppd so that makes it seem like a no brainer straight away.

Has anyone got any experience of using the FHR benefits at Portofino Bay, or the THC perks at Sapphire Falls? Interested to hear if so

Iona 57 posts

We used the FHR benefits at Portofino Bay last October and they were as you’ve described.

The room upgrade improved our view (king bed garden view upgraded to king bed bay view).

The dining credit was usable everywhere other than Bice.

I asked for clarity on the breakfast credit and was told (remembering that this was two people and last year’s prices) that: “For the Breakfast credit you have $68 that you can use each morning of you stay for Trattoria Del Porto, Starbucks, or In room dining in the morning“.

Early check in (12) was subject to availability – the hotel was busy when we were staying there so we had a room ready text at 1:21. Late check out didn’t need to be pre-arranged. I think we ended up leaving the room at 1:30 but could have stayed in it until 4.

We also could have had upgraded WiFi access but we didn’t need it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.