Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Upgrade in app and get 5,000 Avios

• Roberto 281 posts

Spotted today that I can swap my free card for the plus option in the BC app , spending £3000 in 3 months gets you 5000 avios…

stevenhp1987 331 posts

That’s the normal offer for moving to the Barclaycard Avios from a non-Avios card.

No idea if it will post if moving from the free Avios to the paid (or vice-versa)… It showed this offer before we moved to it and when we did, continued to show for the upgrade.

We made use of this offer moving our old 0.5% CB cards to Avios.

Carlos 758 posts

I wish I had that on my hilton card – itching to leave so i can get the Avios Plus card (and sign up bonus) in 6 months time
    Its not even an option when I check the app
    Player 2 cant even downgrade from paid to free – so left today what a shame

Roberto 281 posts

Just to be clear this is moving from the free avios BC to the £20 a month Avios Plus option.

I already had the lower 1000 avios inducement to move from the plat visa BC to the free Avios one (which I did a few months ago) and this is an additional in app offer to upgrade that free card to the plus option.

Luca M 391 posts

I wish I had that on my hilton card – itching to leave so i can get the Avios Plus card (and sign up bonus) in 6 months time
    Its not even an option when I check the app
    Player 2 cant even downgrade from paid to free – so left today what a shame

I have the option to switch to both the Avios card for the smaller existing customers SUB for both my Black Cashback card and my Hilton Card (legacy from when Barclaycard allow you to have more then one account). My wife also had two Barclaycard and she swapped both for one Avios and one Rewards card

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.