Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Upgrade Seat Class After Using Economy Companion Voucher

• maxcxa 5 posts

Hi there,
    I am looking a going to New York (solo) and forgot I had a basic companion voucher for economy class. It will only cost me £100 in taxes plus 25k points which is a great deal in my eyes. However, I would prefer not to fly economy. Does anyone know if you are able to pay to upgrade either or both legs after booking to either premium or business? Or does this become completely cost ineffective?
    Cheers!
    Max

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

You can only try for a paid upgrade at the airport – what you can do is call BA if there are avios seats in PE and they will change the booking for the extra avios and surcharges – though I think PE is only 26k avios off peak so the difference shouldn’t be too high. AFAIK you can only upgrade on cabin level, unless this has changed recently. I would check the cash price first though, as NYC can be very reasonable and it may not be great value to do this as a redemption booking.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.