Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Upgrade voucher – visibility

• Mick S 271 posts

Can I just check with the good folk on here …. the upgrade voucher, when you go to the BAEC and you select Book With Avios, you then typically see “Don’t use any vouchers” and “BA American Express Companion Voucher”. Is this where the Barclays upgrade voucher would show up?

Gary 293 posts

It shows under “Book and upgrade” tab.

Mick S 271 posts

So it’s been over 10 working days since I clocked the anniversary of having the Avios rewards current account, and I have paid £144 in fees.

Called Barclays earlier after the online chat “person” was beyond useless. They just kept giving me my Avios balance and pointless other items of no relevance, clearly not got a clue what the voucher was about. The person I spoke to was marginally better, but just like the chat person they hadn’t got a clue about the Avios account and voucher system. However, they did put me through to someone on the Premier team.

This person just blamed BA and said they (BA) generate the voucher after you have paid 12 x £12.00 monthly fees. As BA don’t track my current account 🙂 I cannot see how this is remotely possible.

Anyway, I called BA and spoke to a really helpful lady. She checked in several places to see if the voucher was hiding anywhere on my account but not visible to me. It simply isn’t there. She then went through lots of internal FAQs to try and see where the problem could be. She was confident that BA need to be notified by Barclays that the requirements have been met and the upgrade voucher is then created by BA. However, BA have no way to track the requirement themselves, which is what I thought.

Sounds like another telephone fight with Barclays tomorrow.

Does anything actually work nowadays? It just seems all these products get launched, staff are either uneducated about it, or just thick. Backed up with poor IT systems and poor IT developers. It really is becoming quite a stressful ‘hobby’. At the end of all this, I’m closing my Barclays Premier Account, I have had enough of them.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.