Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Upgrades at InterContinental with Diamond + Ambassador Status

• BuildBackBetter 705 posts

I think so, the e-upgrades usually offer it around $50 per night. It feels like I’d be paying for a breakfast I’m getting free anyway though.

I am just plat (and plan to get AMB). If I pay for club room upgrade, would I have the option to have breakfast at either lounge or the main restaurant?

YC 229 posts

Kimpton Paris on amb – Arrived late, both rooms upgraded to junior suite (recognised diamond, returning customer and secret pw). Breakfast comped for both rooms and champagne was sent to both rooms shortly after check in.

Pangolin 106 posts

I think so, the e-upgrades usually offer it around $50 per night. It feels like I’d be paying for a breakfast I’m getting free anyway though.

I am just plat (and plan to get AMB). If I pay for club room upgrade, would I have the option to have breakfast at either lounge or the main restaurant?

Most ICs would offer you the ability to take breakfast in the main restaurant I think. The one brand that normally doesn’t is Marriott – if you get lounge access via status you have to take breakfast in the lounge (but it’s property dependent, as JWN in SIN allowed me to take breakfast in the main restaurant)

rams 223 posts

IC Boston. Hotel seems busy as a wedding going on today. As Diamond ambassador paid stay upgraded to better view on 5th floor (not sea view). Decent sized room and apparently no suites were available. Breakfast offered immediately or 600 points. Receptionist laughed at the difference in value for a 5 night stay… was not given club access which I received the last time for a 2 week stay in December 2019. I mentioned that at check in and receptionist said that was for royal ambassadors. Spoke to manager and granted it. So worth asking.

Andrew J 769 posts

IC Boston. Hotel seems busy as a wedding going on today. As Diamond ambassador paid stay upgraded to better view on 5th floor (not sea view). Decent sized room and apparently no suites were available. Breakfast offered immediately or 600 points. Receptionist laughed at the difference in value for a 5 night stay… was not given club access which I received the last time for a 2 week stay in December 2019. I mentioned that at check in and receptionist said that was for royal ambassadors. Spoke to manager and granted it. So worth asking.

You’d need pretty strong binoculars to see the sea from there!

cercwc76 54 posts

Received an offer if renew the ambassador membership by cash with 35k bonus points.

A 15k points will be deposited once renewal while the additional 20k points will subject to

To qualify for the additional 20,000 bonus points, each of the two nights must be part of one or more Qualifying Stays. A Qualifying Stay is defined as a minimum one-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) per night.

Am i right to say that reward night will not be considered as qualifying night despite we can spend $30 on dinner or bar? TIA

cercwc76 54 posts

Received an offer if renew the ambassador membership by cash with 35k bonus points.

A 15k points will be deposited once renewal while the additional 20k points will subject to

To qualify for the additional 20,000 bonus points, each of the two nights must be part of one or more Qualifying Stays. A Qualifying Stay is defined as a minimum one-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) per night.

Am i right to say that reward night will not be considered as qualifying night despite we can spend $30 on dinner or bar? TIA

Apologies. Should have checked properly before posting as i can find the answer from the other thread in respect to my early question.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.