Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Upgrading from free to paid Barclaycard Avios Mastercard

• Olly 242 posts

Plenty of discussion about the opposite (downgrading once spending target has been hit), but has anyone upgraded to the paid card?

If so, does the existing spend carry over to the voucher spend target as it does when moving from BA Amex to BA PP?

rum 275 posts

Bumping this thread as I’d like to know the answer as well.

Started with the paid card, then downgraded. Now I’ve suddenly got the option to upgrade back to the paid card. There is apparently a welcome offer of 5,000 points for spending £3,000 in 3 months.

Does anyone know if the previous spend on the free card count towards the voucher on the paid card if I upgrade?

NorthernLass 7,580 posts

@Olly, yes your spend so far counts and once you hit £10k total spend you would get the BAPP voucher.

@rum
    , No, the £3k spend would count from the time you start using the BAPP.

JDB 4,374 posts

Er! This is the Barclaycard thread.

NorthernLass 7,580 posts

Whoops! Clicked on the wrong thread 😂

rum 275 posts

Does anyone know if the previous spend on the free card count towards the voucher on the paid card if I upgrade?

I’m guessing by the deafening silence, no one knows the answer?

Gin123 10 posts

Bumping this thread as I’d like to know the answer as well.

Started with the paid card, then downgraded. Now I’ve suddenly got the option to upgrade back to the paid card. There is apparently a welcome offer of 5,000 points for spending £3,000 in 3 months.

Any idea when the upgrade option (back to the paid card) started appearing to you after you downgraded it?

rum 275 posts

Any idea when the upgrade option (back to the paid card) started appearing to you after you downgraded it?

I believe it was 3-4 months after I downgraded the option to upgrade appeared.
    However it has since disappeared! I now only have the option to switch to the Barclaycard Visa cards (Platinum and a rewards card as well). Not sure if it will allow me to upgrade to Avios Plus in the future…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.