Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Car rental US Car hire advice

• JD 18 posts

Anyone have any advice re the best / cheapest way to book car hire for my summer trip to the US (Florida – into and out of MIA).

I have Avis preferred due to being BA Gold.

I also have the Barclaycard + and therefore think that via the mysterious Mastercard World Elite that I might have Avis Presidents Club?

Or should I just book with BA (and take either Budget or Avis)?

Any advice, much appreciated.

NorthernLass 7,532 posts

You should probably book asap as prices are unlikely to go anywhere but up and there have been reports of companies running out of vehicles recently. I’ve booked with BA for December as they actually had the most reasonable pricing options after a lot of internet searching. Avis prices were a lot higher than budget though.
    There’s a separate car hire thread on here which will have some more options as well.

AndyGWP 276 posts
    BLT 52 posts

Check out hertz prices from winter haven. You can book a one way from MIA with hertz ,then drop off at winter haven. For some reason it’s pricing at pre covid prices. This only works if you are heading up to Orlando area.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    JD 18 posts

Thanks all for your advice, I will post in the Car Hire thread re what I settled for in the end!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.