Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Use of Hilton points at Conrad Rangali resort for F&B

• Jimmychew 3 posts

We’ve a long awaited trip to the Maldives in May after securing some decent premium flights thanks to this site. F&B prices seem to have shot up since the most recent reviews on this site and I wondered peoples experience of using Hilton points and if it was good value for money as a redemption. E.g 100,000 points for 1 x lunch and 1 x dinner for 2 people. Breakfast is covered as diamond members. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Roberto 281 posts

I did read that the price for food advertised includes the tax and service charge so that might be why you say its shot up.

The Rangali bar used to be a good place for “cheaper” evening meals but they are forcing you into the more expensive restaurants by closing the kitchen at 6pm.

It is expensive. Many people take food to the island to mitigate the F&B costs ( us included ) but I have never seen the option to burn miles to pay for food other than the underwater cocktail afternoon.

Jimmychew 3 posts

Thank you Roberto, it came out in the pre formation from the resort, a Maldivian culinary adventure for 100,000 points. 2 people for 2 course lunch at Spa, Ufaa, or Rangali bar. Dinner at sunset grill, spa, Ufaa, Vilu or atoll market. An array of soft drinks and water are included for lunch and dinner. Given water is $27 + tax and meals estimating $250 pppn, wasn’t sure if it was worth it as I’ve 200,000 points. I’m not interested in extra nights or another stay elsewhere as my diamond status will drop after this stay. Thanks again to anyone who can advise.

chelseafifi 53 posts

Yes this is available to redeem under the Hilton Experiences
    https://experiences.hiltonhonors.com/a-maldivian-culinary-adventure/isynmv1/aucd/4322611

secretsquirrel 29 posts

Prices for F&B have certainly increased in the last year or two. Even a meal for two at the Rangali bar is now getting expensive.
    The Room service F&B comes from the Rangali bar kitchen and if your status you get delivered free.
    Still happy hour there for early drinks.

Hogdiesel 20 posts

Prices have indeed gone up – but not yet quite to the extent that water is $27+taxes. We are just back from CMRI and Evian (750ml) is $16 including the 10% service and 16% GST. You can get up to $20 for the VOSS sparking (again taxes included).

You would have two great meals at any of the restaurants covered. However, to be honest, we would never have managed lunch on the same day as dinner.

Breakfasts are both beautiful and substantial at either Vilu (a la carte + partial buffet) or Atoll Market (all buffet) – and of course they are included for Diamond and Gold members.

We also found the dinner dishes were fairly substantial portions (as well as being really excellent) – so we never actually had three courses each. We did have a shared dessert a couple of times, but very much as a treat, not because we were still really hungry.

There are also some light canapés at the Diamond Happy hour (4-5pm at Vilu) or alternatively some nuts & olives with drinks at the other happy-hours (50% off drinks).

On prices, we found that dinner for two (with one bottle of water) came in somewhere in the $175-$250 range (including service charge and tax) depending on the restaurant and your specific choices.

If you use the standard value for Hilton points of 0.5 cents per point, 100k equates to $500. I don’t think what we ate would have gotten value on that basis, but that is primarily because we didn’t have lunch. The T&Cs only talk about a lunch and a dinner – I don’t think they actually say they have to be on the same day. So depending on how long you are staying, might be worth asking if you could have the lunch and the dinner on different days?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.