Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Using Flying Blue for miles redemption on AF but FC Gold to get lounge access

• NY-LON 5 posts

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using Flying Blue (with whom I am a basic member) to redeem points on AF but then still get lounge access either by swapping the FF account in the booking or flashing their FC Gold card to get into the lounge. Unfortunately, the flight I want to take is available as a redemption on the AF site but isn’t available on the VS site.

Froggee 898 posts

I did it on an Air France redemption using status from ITA.

I changed the frequent flyer number associated with it by logging into the booking on ITA using the record locator provided by Air France. Air France would not accept an ITA frequent flyer number. Perhaps they will take Virgin?

If not, see if you can change your scheme to Virgin on Virgin.

If not, try Delta!?

Once my ITA membership was associated I got all the bells and whistles i.e. I was able to select the preferred seats free of charge and had Sky Priority emblazoned on my boarding pass.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.