Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Using Tesco Pay+ for HMRC (and other things)

• ohanssen 31 posts

This may be just me being daft, but after getting and using the Tesco Clubcard Pay+ to pay for taxes in january, I hadn’t gotten any clubcard points out of the process, so I got in touch with Tesco to figure out what was up. It seems that when selecting how to pay, the only way to get the points is to use the Pay+ as a debit/credit card, rather than making a direct payment from the Tesco Bank account. Maybe this was obvious to others, but it definitely wasn’t to me. Will see if selecting to pay with a card is as easy as it was made to sound when the next tax bill comes due, and hope this could help others before the next time people pay HMRC.

billyrayvalentine 25 posts

Thats how it works – you dont get points for using faster payments on Tesco – never have done

ohanssen 31 posts

Ok, but it’s good to see I understood what I was doing wrong, and that I should get some clubcard points from the next tax bill by using Tesco Pay+ as a debit/credit card.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,229 posts

Didn’t Tesco recently block Pay+ for HMRC?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.