Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Virgin Atlantic Virgin Atlantic supplementary cards – how they work

• ThriceForgiven 59 posts

Hi all

I have a set of hopefully fairly straightforward questions but couldn’t really find any answers on the internet:

1. What’s the procedure to request an additional cardholder for my VA+ card?
    2. How long does it take to issue? Is there a ‘virtual card’ which can be used while the physical one arrives?
    3. Is there an associated cost to it?
    4. Does the additional cardholder undergo a ‘hard’ credit check? My spouse has recently opened a few cards so am trying to space them out…

Any input appreciated, many thanks!

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    fw 16 posts

I believe that Thrice has already had his question answered, but for anybody searching in the future @Thegasman answered here (quoted below):

1. Call CS
    2. Approximately 7-10 days for additional/replacement cards in my experience over last year but reports it was longer when the enhanced sign up bonus was running. Definitely longer than Amex though.
    No temporary/virtual card but can they not use main card for online etc & Apple Pay etc for contactless.
    3. No (for first card at least).
    4. Just a soft search for ID

ThriceForgiven 59 posts

Yes! Thanks for quoting the response. I decided to double post as more eyes in the daily chat thread.

Just to respond here, I contacted VA CS and after a wait time of about 40 (!) minutes I was put through to an agent, run through a few questions re the additional cardholder (no need for the cardholder to speak to the agent or anything like that), told it was free, and given a verbal confirmation of “up to 10 days”.

No e-mail confirmation, or tracking number, nor does it appear in my app or anything of the sort.

Hope this helps others.

secretsquirrel 29 posts

Can you use original card holders card numbers for PayPal if both users are same surname and address like the wife?

Gary 293 posts

Can you use original card holders card numbers for PayPal if both users are same surname and address like the wife?

Do that with OH’s amex on PayPal so can’t see why VA card would been an issue.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.