Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Points 8k GIA/ISA offer

• Ash 621 posts

I recall someone posting you can double on the offer , but I cant find the post.

If ayone is able to shed light on it, thank you in advance.

My understanding is £5k in the account by 30th June, left till July 31st.

Question is if you do that for an ISA, and a GIA, do you get the 8k points twice?

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

Can you send external link to this offer?

Ash 621 posts
    Sam 96 posts

Your answer is in the terms and conditions

Ash 621 posts

Refreshing to find plain speaking T&Cs….

Offer limited to one Stocks and Shares ISA and one Investment Account per customer and each account, separately, must meet the offer criteria (if they both do then you’ll get double the reward – happy days!).

Paul B 224 posts

If doing this purely for the 8k (x2) what’s most likely the cheapest route, I’m guessing opening and funding just before the 30th for a start?

Rich_A 94 posts

£5k into the cautious fund would only cost you £3 in charges for the month, assuming you came out about even on the investment.

If you’re subscribing to an ISA, though, you’d have to decide whether you want to keep it with Virgin (and their charges), transfer it to a cheaper provider after July, or sell and surrender this year’s ISA allowance. A bit messy for £80 worth of points, when you could get £200 from a bank switch!

Paul B 224 posts

£5k into the cautious fund would only cost you £3 in charges for the month, assuming you came out about even on the investment.

If you’re subscribing to an ISA, though, you’d have to decide whether you want to keep it with Virgin (and their charges), transfer it to a cheaper provider after July, or sell and surrender this year’s ISA allowance. A bit messy for £80 worth of points, when you could get £200 from a bank switch!

Is there any price to sell or move to another provider? Happy to surrender my allowance (this year)

Ash 621 posts

Quite a few other providers pay you an award to transfer your ISA to them …nutmeg sometimes has a £50 offer to transfer to them. More if it’s a bigger ISA pot.

RonnieB 288 posts

Just some feedback on this offer, I stuck in £5k a month ago and it’s now worth £5195, so pretty good return for them giving me 8000 FC points, pretty happy!

It was in the riskier investment fund.

kiley 144 posts

Just some feedback on this offer, I stuck in £5k a month ago and it’s now worth £5195, so pretty good return for them giving me 8000 FC points, pretty happy!

I did exactly the same and yes a good return of 195!
    Have you points dropped? Mine haven’t yet

RonnieB 288 posts

I did exactly the same and yes a good return of 195!
    Have you points dropped? Mine haven’t yet

No I am expecting a code to drop a few days after the 31st as per T&Cs….which is tomorrow!

kiley 144 posts

Ok, thanks,

I went hight risk too, and can’t help but check ever😥

Ash 621 posts

Went low risk/defensive and it’s up £100..plus £50 for switching to Nutmeg and 2x 8k from virgin. Nice result.

Jonathans 121 posts

Am I right in thinking it’s safe to transfer the ISA out now even though I haven’t received the code for the 8k points yet?

drdan 96 posts

I went for 5k in the low risk, late June to Aug 1st…and cashed out at £5050.

The Ts &C’s are clear to hold til July 31st hence the 1st August withdrawal.

The Terms state a code within 30 days of end of promo..ie end of August…if it doesn’t materialise then a formal complaint and FCA will be the route.

Ash 621 posts

Anyone received their code early?

Paul B 224 posts

Has anyone received their code(s) yet? I haven’t yet, however closed my GIA and ISA today having met the terms.

drdan 96 posts

Not me…but as per prior post, they have til end of August to email u the code.

Paul B 224 posts

Ah yes that’s correct.Have you exited your investment?

RonnieB 288 posts

The fund dropped quite a bit last week, but Im going to stay in until I get the points.

Paul B 224 posts

The fund dropped quite a bit last week, but Im going to stay in until I get the points.

I’ve now withdrawn (closed accounts), hopefully will receive the codes without issue. The fund did indeed start to drop last week and it looks like I’ve exited with exactly what I originally invested.

drdan 96 posts

Ah yes that’s correct.Have you exited your investment?

I exited 1/8 to ensure I was meeting the Ts+C’s with 50 quid profit….timed well given the funds drop since.

degsy 152 posts

Still waiting for the code to land – has anyone received theirs yet?

Ash 621 posts

Nothing yet

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.