Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Atlantic Customer Centre inaudible?

• cinereus 161 posts

Has anyone tried calling 0344 874 7747 recently? I’ve tried multiple times and the line is so distorted you literally can’t even hear what the first menu is saying.

Even if you do press the correct menu items nothing happens presumably because the distortion is so great touch tone no longer works.

Anyone else experiencing this?

AL 579 posts

It certainly has it’s moments! It’s been a little distorted for some time and, randomly, redirects to VAA Technology every so often.

steve7612 32 posts

Yes, but I found hanging up and redialling fixes it.

HughM 70 posts

I rang the 7747 number on Tuesday to transfer some points and communication was loud and clear. Amazingly, it only took a few minutes to get through.
    But a recent call to me from Virgin Money had a big audibility problem, their end.

Travel Strong 258 posts

Yep. I call often and 50% of the time it is distorted. I just hang up immediately an redial until it isn’t.

cinereus 161 posts

I redialled about 10 times with exactly the same issue every time. Still occurring now for me…

Paul B 224 posts

Yes, experienced this also. Their IT across the board has always been pretty poor, a shame as they have pulled their socks up in other areas recently.

Man of Kent 67 posts

Credit where it’s due. Called Virgin Atlantic twice this week to book flights for our US West Coast Road Trip and pleased to say got straight through both times – all dealt with quickly and efficiently by very pleasant CSAs. No distortion at all on the line.

AL 579 posts

One of the only jobs I would quit for is fixing VAA’s IT from the inside out.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.