Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Using the Virgin Atlantic credit card voucher

• hatters 14 posts

Hi, Is it possible to book an Upper Class seat using only points and then use the 241 voucher for a companion Upper Class seat (assuming reward seats are available of course)?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Thegasman 204 posts

Not if you don’t have Virgin status. Otherwise yes, the call centre will sort it for you.

hatters 14 posts

Ta ever so. but what is Virgin “status”? red, etc.??

homeland 2 posts

How long are the 241 vouchers valid for? Annoyingly they don’t appear online in “my account” so can’t check without calling.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    gillbee36 12 posts

How long are the 241 vouchers valid for? Annoyingly they don’t appear online in “my account” so can’t check without calling.

I got my expiry dates from customer service after a day or so using their whatsapp. They may be busier at the moment but if you’re in no great rush it’s probably easier than calling.

marks7389 425 posts

Not if you don’t have Virgin status. Otherwise yes, the call centre will sort it for you.

Anyone can use the voucher for a companion ticket. The difference is that Red members have to pay 1.5x Virgin points for two seats with a voucher. whereas Silver and Gold only pay the normal points for a single seat.

If the question is whether you can book a second seat afterwards, then you’d obviously have to pay the extra 50% points for the second seat at that time if you’re a Red member.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.