Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Atlantic flights to Dubai are now bookable

• Amy C 372 posts

Despite supposedly not being able to book them until tomorrow they do seem bookable for cash and points right now. Desperate to not waste my vouchers (but not keen on Dubai) I just had a look and wasn’t that tempted as the UC taxes/fees are almost as dear as say Johannesburg which seems a bit much.

Points wise it’s 20k return in Eco, 35k in PE and 75k in UC (£814 taxes)

The flight timings are slightly different from those mentioned in Rob’s article too but not drastically so.

SamG 1,643 posts

I think if you went out on AF/KLM and back on Virgin it might be a bit cheaper + you can find some better times for the outbound

I wanted to speculatively book DXB-LHR using some Delta miles but I don’t see availability on their site which is annoying, don’t want to transfer into Virgin as if I don’t go I doubt I’d have any other use for the points

Amy C 372 posts

Cheaper yes but can’t use an upgrade voucher 🙁

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

You can use half the upgrade voucher to go one way on VS.

Amy C 372 posts

You can use half the upgrade voucher to go one way on VS.

I’d end up wasting the other half and I can’t bear waste. 🫣

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

I know what you mean – I ended up only using half of my first voucher due to triggering it earlier than I should have; although I now have the 2nd voucher it still rankles!

moss79 29 posts

The Taxes are a Joke .

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

Points wise it’s 20k return in Eco, 35k in PE and 75k in UC (£814 taxes)”

So, £1560 cash value equivalent? Outrageous considering an outright cash ticket on LH group from MAN is consistently £1200-1500 and on AF/KLM from BHX for same. I doubt I’ll ever use my Virgin CC vouchers considering for 100K and minimal charges, fees and taxes (CFTs; not TFCs as the emphasis is wrong!) I could fly DUB-DXB return on a SkyTeam redemption I’ll just keep the points for that.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

The Taxes are a Joke .

Indeed, cos they’re not taxes. The longer we call them taxes, the longer the con goes on. It’s a surcharge to redeem points.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.