Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Voco Cardiff breakfast?

• shilly 111 posts

Hi as an IHG diamond elite do I get free breakfast at the Voco Cardiff ?

NorthernLass 7,596 posts

You should be given the option at check in.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Not wanting to sound rude, but what makes you think you might not?

shilly 111 posts

@Aston I have never stayed in a Voco before and wasn’t sure if I received the same benefits, it’s difficult keeping up with the different hotel groups and who gives or doesn’t give breakfast. Thanks @NorthernLass hopefully get an upgrade as well!!

NorthernLass 7,596 posts

Diamond = free breakfast at all IHG properties, but it’s best to mention it at check in as there has been the odd reported case of a hotel deciding you’re getting points instead!

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,089 posts

I have the benefits table bookedmarked on my iPad for easy reference.

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/customer-care/member-tc/2nd-page

John 1,000 posts

No free breakfast at Holiday Inn Vacations.

Quite a lot of hotels still ask me to choose between points or drink at check-in, as though breakfast isn’t an option, which just feels a bit weird. They instantly oblige when I say I want the breakfast though.

Has anyone stayed at a Vignette, I have booked the Liverpool one for next month.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,098 posts

No free breakfast at Holiday Inn Vacations.

Quite a lot of hotels still ask me to choose between points or drink at check-in, as though breakfast isn’t an option.

Has anyone stayed at a Vignette, I have booked the Liverpool one for next month.

Did the Grand Hotel Wien which is a Vignette in Vienna. Diamond benefits applied.

NorthernLass 7,596 posts

@John, I’ve got the Halyard booked in May let us know what you think.

Holiday Inn Vacations is a bit niche and they’re also generally timeshare units and have kitchen facilities so you can get breakfast stuff in if you don’t want to pay for it (or any other meal) in a restaurant. Accommodations like that are a game changer when it comes to F & B spend so I don’t think of them as hotels!

Andrew J 769 posts

The Voco St David’s breakfast is very good – a buffet, but higher than usual quality of ingredients and full size pastries.

BP 48 posts

Breakfast at Indigo Cardiff is very nice too with an al-la-carte menu and small continental buffet. Unfortunately they rarely upgrade Diamond members!

Andrew J 769 posts

Breakfast at Indigo Cardiff is very nice too with an al-la-carte menu and small continental buffet. Unfortunately they rarely upgrade Diamond members!

The free minibar, including wine and Prosecco is a nice touch too.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.