Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Voco Dubai The Palm

• Tracy 315 posts

I have a reservation here from 17th December 2022. The IHG website now states booking available from 15th December but you can’t actually book until mid January 2023. I booked a while ago, they obviously thought they would be opening earlier than December. What’s my chances of actually getting to stay on 17th December? Thinking I might need a backup plan!

Benilyn 150 posts

Have a backup naturally, and asap before they continue to go up in price.

SRF. 43 posts

I’m interested to see a review of this hotel when it does finally open.

I’ve booked a few nights for the beginning of February. We’re actually going to be based at the IC Festival City but have booked this hotel too in case fancy a night or 2 beach based instead.

For our dates, both the IC and Voco were circa 30k points pn. They’re now both bouncing around 45k.

meta 1,427 posts

Yes, have a backup. IHG are though to deal with in regards to finding new accommodation. I got CEO involved last time.

Tracy 315 posts

I have now booked Conrad and Intercontinental Marina as backups. I also booked the Voco when it was 30k points, Intercontinental is average 55k per night for my nights…first time to Dubai and only there for 2 nights, no idea where to stay lol.

Tracy 315 posts

@SRF if I do get to stay, I’ll come back with an update 🙂

SRF. 43 posts

@Tracy Excellent. We’ve never been either but chose the IC Festival City on recommendation as will be with a toddler and apparently is young child friendly.

Best of luck with your trip and hope the Voco works out for you.

Tracy 315 posts

IHG have now confirmed they do not expect it to be open in December. They have offered to move me to either
    -holiday inn express dubai internet city
    -staybridge suites dubai internet city
    -Crowne Plaza dubai marina.
    They have also given me 10k ihg points for the inconvenience….

SamG 1,639 posts

To be honest the Palm isn’t the best first time to Dubai location anyway as it takes a (relatively) long time to get to/from the airport and to a lot of things you might want to do. Worth having a hunt around and see what you might fancy doing.

Otherwise I’m sure others will be along with options on those and other options soon!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

Those alternatives are jokes. No IHG hotels have beach access but I would push for Crowne Plaza Festival City which at least is on the creek.

Tracy 315 posts

@SamG, having never been to Dubai I have no idea what I want to do lol. Only there for 2 days, not bothered about the beach as I’ll be coming from a beach holiday anyway so probably just more of a look about…

Tracy 315 posts

@Rob, the Crowne Plaza Festival city is actually less points per night than the Voco anyway so I could cancel and save myself 5k points per night anyway….the intercontinental is only 2k points more than the Voco per night.

Those alternatives are jokes. No IHG hotels have beach access but I would push for Crowne Plaza Festival City which at least is on the creek.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.