Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Waiting 9 months for Barclays to post Avios …. still waiting

• soko 5 posts

I’ve been waiting 9 months (and counting) for Barclays to post my Avios. Have been talking to various people in their complaints/client services team but I won’t bore anyone with what I have been through – suffice to say it’s not been a good experience – and I’m being generous with that comment. I read some earlier posts about people having two profiles with Barclays which was preventing the Avios going through. Would really like to know if that ever got resolved. I too had two profiles that were identified about 3+ months ago (I forget – it has been so long) but I am still waiting for anything to happen. At the end of my patience here and wondering how to escalate this further?

tp1404 33 posts

I’ve been waiting 9 months (and counting) for Barclays to post my Avios. Have been talking to various people in their complaints/client services team but I won’t bore anyone with what I have been through – suffice to say it’s not been a good experience – and I’m being generous with that comment. I read some earlier posts about people having two profiles with Barclays which was preventing the Avios going through. Would really like to know if that ever got resolved. I too had two profiles that were identified about 3+ months ago (I forget – it has been so long) but I am still waiting for anything to happen. At the end of my patience here and wondering how to escalate this further?

Hi, I have also had numerous problems but they seem to have very recently resolved them after I asked for my complaint to be re-opened. I had an issue where I had 2 customer profiles, which were merged back in August 2022. But after the merge, my Barclaycard Avios Plus stopped tracking any Avios at all. (Barclays Premier Avios have been OK). Having recently re-opened my complaint, the issue has been fixed in the app, the Barclaycard Avios I should have been earning since August 2022 are now showing as pending and should transfer over on the 2nd of next month, and I’ve just had the 100,000 Avios welcome bonus text, having never previously received the confirmation e-mail. I would call and ask for your complaint to be re-opened but explain exactly what issues you are still having. It can be rectified, so keep hope! They’ve also been pretty generous with interim cash compensation.

soko 5 posts

Thank you TP1404.
    Yes I’ve had the exact same issue where the Barclays Premier Avios have been fine. It’s just the spend on the Barclaycard Avios Plus is missing. I have a call with them this morning so fingers crossed.

VinZ 142 posts

Same issue here which I resolved by involving the financial ombudsman. It took me a good six months but I got there in the end. Now the app works properly, all avios have been transferred and got £300 too in compensation.

soko 5 posts

Thanks Vinz.
    I’ve involved the Financial Ombudsman before with another issue with Barclays and was thinking of doing the same again. What I’m not clear on is would I need some form of acknowledgment from Barclays (they gave me a letter last time) that they have tried to resolve my complaint but I am not accepting of it and my further recourse is to involve the Ombudsman?
    Incidentally that call that they promised me this morning was pretty useless. The complaint handler passed it off to someone else to tell me they are still looking into it.

baec_newbie 87 posts

@soko you can bring your complaint to the Ombudsman 8 weeks after you have raised it, even if Barclays haven’t yet sent you their final response.

soko 5 posts

Thanks baec_newbie.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.