Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Washington D.C. – worth visiting?

• NorthernLass 7,540 posts

I have 3 nights in December booked at The Ven which is a Tribute Portfolio hotel for £100 pn on an RCI deal which just happened to match my travel dates and destination – has anyone stayed there?

ChrisC 956 posts

Don’t forget Emyr and his deals for Intercontinentals and Kimpton.

He covers other high end hotels as well.

Of if you want to save money don’t forget that most UK railcards will get you cash off or better deposit and cancellation terms. There is a thread in the IHG board about that.

Supergers49 225 posts

Two full days would be my absolute minimum suggested time in Washington DC. I’d recommend Old Ebbitts Grill for late night food. All seafood half price after 23.30 and the quality was fantastic.

tiriavpo 312 posts

Definitely worth it! Mostly all mentioned above but most of the iconic buildings and monuments are in and around the National Mall. In addition, Arlington Cemetery is very moving plus the tomb of the unknown soldier and the statue of the marines raising the flag are all iconic.

The metro is excellent – it is worth staying in the centre, or Georgetown. No current specific recommendations but we didn’t have any trouble finding excellent places to eat with some great breakfasts (Jimmy T’s?). I wasn’t aware of the aviation museum at Dulles so I think a re-visit might be on the cards.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.