Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Westminster Curio or DoubleTree Victoria?

• chelseafifi 53 posts

My son is spending a night in London with GF for 21st Birthday, having dinner at Ivy, Victoria and wants hotel for night, it doesn’t have to be that close to Ivy but I was looking at Westminster Curio or DT Victoria as he has Hilton Gold, it would be cash night they are both around £135 but should include breakfast with status I assume. Any advice on these or other recommendations similar price range. Thanks

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Review here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/07/25/review-westminster-hotel-london-hilton-curio-collection/

Rhys and I also went there for the BA Christmas party.

Odd street, virtually all offices except this, but the hotel looks good. Not sure how far the walk is from Victoria – we walked from Westminster tube.

Conrad St James is a better hotel than either of those, and nearer to The Ivy. There is also the refurbed Grosvenor in Victoria station (not a Hilton) but not fully explored it yet.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    memesweeper 1,255 posts

I’ve stayed at both, and the DT is the IMO the (slightly) better location, and the Curio is (marginally) the better hotel. You can’t go wrong with either though.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

DT has a crap breakfast. Just utterly crap. Cheap juice, bread that was yesterday’s bake, hot drinks never hot on first attempt, and the breakfast ‘restaurant’ feels very cramped with small tables stacked closely together like a department store café.

barnaby100 10 posts

Bit confused with the description of virtual all offices. Its on John Islip Street which is mostly residential -flats either side (brand new and 60s) and then Tate Britain and Chelsea School of Art. Burberry on the corner. MI5 is (was-who knows) at the end of the road. The Millbank Estate is along a bit and opposite. About 5 minutes walk from Pimlico Tube or 20 minutes from Westminster (7-8 minutes on bus from Trafalgar Square at the moment). 15-20 minutes walk to Victoria

memesweeper 1,255 posts

15-20 minutes walk to Victoria

C10 bus from Victoria isn’t quick but might be better with bags.

Bit confused with the description of virtual all offices.

The area isn’t only residential and offices, but it is low on local shops and restaurants compared to most central London hotels.

DT has a crap breakfast. Just utterly crap.

Sad to hear it’s gone downhill.

barnaby100 10 posts

It is low on shops, but loads within a 10 minute walk. It is a very quiet area

When it was the city inn I lived there for a while and loved the location

chelseafifi 53 posts

Thank you all for comments, they went for Westminster Curio and had a lovely stay, room was ready at midday and they got a one room cat upgrade, loved the gym and said breakfast and staff very good.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.