Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards When was the last HSBC Avios transfer bonus?

• Reney 752 posts

Just thinking about how long I want to keep my HSBC WE card. Can someone tell me when was the last Avios transfer bonus pls?

scottishwolf 13 posts

August 2021

JDB 4,336 posts

Just thinking about how long I want to keep my HSBC WE card. Can someone tell me when was the last Avios transfer bonus pls?

Aug/Sep 2021, but as there is no pro-rata refund, the decision on keeping your card may depend on your year end. However, you may find, as others have reported, that you will continue not to be charged a fee for main or supplementary. I have just started fee free year 2, others reporting year 3.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 3 months ago by .
    Reney 752 posts

Aug/Sep 2021, but as there is no pro-rata refund, the decision on keeping your card may depend on your year end. However, you may find, as others have reported, that you will continue not to be charged a fee for main or supplementary. I have just started fee free year 2, others reporting year 3.

Thanks, the timing is not great if it will be the same this year. Can I ask if HSBC reached out to offer another fee free year or did you have to ask them for it?

JDB 4,336 posts

@Reney it has been automatic in both years. Last year, charged in Feb, refunded in May and this year shows on Feb statement as a charge on one date and a fee reversal a few days later.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.