Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Which IC hotel in the new ad?!

• NorthernLass 7,531 posts

Someone put me out of my misery! I keep seeing a newish ad for IHG One rewards and in the opening scene a young man gets out of a car at the entrance to a rather lovely IC hotel (or so we are led to believe). It has the most gorgeous green marble pillars and looks to be on a city street somewhere very elegant with European-style architecture. I can’t work out where it is and it’s driving me nuts now. @meta might know! I believe the song used in the advert is Best Life by Koyotie.

Froggee 899 posts

Why would you post this!? Why don’t you just sing Baby Shark while you’re at it?

I assume it is this advert:

https://vimeo.com/732595269/83f66c13ca?embedded=true&source=vimeo_logo&owner=64570891

And therefore the Intercontinental Paris Grand:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g187147-d207742-i175451054-InterContinental_Paris_Le_Grand-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

And…

Baby shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo.
    Baby shark!
    Mommy shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo.
    Mommy shark!
    Daddy shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo.
    Daddy shark!
    Grandma shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo.
    Grandma shark!
    Grandpa shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo.
    Grandpa shark!
    Let’s go hunt, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo.
    Let’s go hunt!
    Run away, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo.
    Run away!
    Safe at last, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo.
    Safe at last!
    It’s the end, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo.
    It’s the end!

Froggee 899 posts

My reply with links rightly got spammed as I had the entire Baby Shark lyrics appended to it (well you messed with my head by asking this).

Intercontinental Paris Le Grand.

NorthernLass 7,531 posts

Thanks @Froggee! Though I am glad Baby Shark remains a dim and distant memory lol. I was right with the description anyway. Hmm, doesn’t Le Grand have very poky little rooms – maybe one just to visit for lunch?!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,201 posts

Thanks @Froggee! Though I am glad Baby Shark remains a dim and distant memory lol. I was right with the description anyway. Hmm, doesn’t Le Grand have very poky little rooms – maybe one just to visit for lunch?!

The Cosy base rooms are very small. Totally fine above that and it is an exceptionally beautiful hotel in an unbeatable location.

Book via Emyr and you get a guaranteed upgrade at time of booking out of a Cosy room AND free Club access.

achoogirl 33 posts

I’m here now and it’s lovely. Nice big room and Byredo products. Didn’t get my upgrade as full but 10000 points compensation.

NorthernLass 7,531 posts

What kind of room did you book? looks to be a very expensive/busy weekend in Paris!

achoogirl 33 posts

What kind of room did you book? looks to be a very expensive/busy weekend in Paris!

It’s fashion week so everything is booked. I actually wanted to stay in Kimpton but they had been booked for weeks.

I booked a premium King

NorthernLass 7,531 posts

That would explain it – I bet it’s pretty fabulous!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.