Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Which Heathrow Hilton hotel?

• Mr F 12 posts

We have the LHR HGI and Hilton Terminal 4 hotels booked for an over night stay next month, arrive LHR from Edi 19:00 hrs and flying in F to SFO the next day, unsure which one to cancel as on semi flex bookings, any words of wisdom appreciated, thanks

John 1,000 posts

There are 2 HGIs, do you mean HGI T2/T3 or HGI Hatton Cross?

What factors are important to you? I’d cancel whichever was more expensive unless they are very close in price.

Location-wise, 1900 is not that late although there will probably be delays, so travel is not that big a deal IMO. HGI T2/3 is free to get to from T5 by tube or train (one stop). Hatton Cross is one more stop on the tube and not free, T4 is free by train or tube but requires changing, or a slow bus (paid). Hatton Cross is also accessible continuing on the bus after T4, it is not connected to airport buildings.

HGI 2/3 is newly built and you may get runway views, HGI Hatton Cross is a bit older. Breakfast is pretty good at all, but you have CCR access anyway.

Mr F 12 posts

Thanks John, Hatton Cross, initially meant to arrive at 14:00 and could have used the lounge at the T4 hotel, but me thinks I will now arrive to late for happy hour and the Plaza arrivals lounge at T4 is also still closed, I’m thinking Hatton Cross would be the easiest route with less hassle. Really looking forward to the CCR, will be there early doors for a 2pm flight, it would be rude not to.

The real Swiss Tony 652 posts

If you’re not getting/needing any of the benefits of status, is there sufficient value in hauling yourself to a different terminal? I’d just be booking into the Sofitel unless it was outrageously expensive.

Mr F 12 posts

Thanks Tony, still need a couple of nights to retain Diamond, also Sofitel about 3 times as expensive and also fell out with accor when they cleared a lot of points out my account in February when I thought they had an expiry extension until 31st Dec.

Travel Strong 254 posts

HGI T2/3 is very pleasant, good gym too.

The real Swiss Tony 652 posts

That makes sense. Just ensure you’re fully versed in the getting there and back for the hotel. If you have a 99 min delay on the southbound will it seem like such a good idea? Are you better off going to the T5 one and using an Uber? Hatton Cross to CcR will certainly be a proper contrast!

dougzz99 623 posts

HGI T2/3 is very pleasant, good gym too.

Often more expensive than Sofitel.

Abdul 69 posts

I really like Hilton T4.
    Last time an upgrade to a JS, and a full bottle of wine, sweets and cheeses. A total surprise.

tiriavpo 312 posts

Stayed at T4 Hilton recently and found it very nice, but as said, you will probably miss the lounge offerings – which were excellent BTW. If your baggage is checked through to SFO, then the bus from T5 to T4 area is actually pretty good. Not free, so you need an oyster or any other payment card, but there are 2 buses, 490 and 482, so you shouldn’t have to wait too long, and you can get off outside the hotel or use T4 and the walkway. Not so good with big bags though.

grahamrb 15 posts

I’ve booked the Hilton Terminal 5 for a upcoming trip, I was looking at transports to T5 and while the Hilton isn’t really anywhere near T5 it looked to me like the Hoppa bus just just stops at that Hilton and terminal 5 so while further away seemed more relaxing than one of the other buses that stop at a load of hotels. Will see if the theory holds up in the next couple of weeks! Here’s the relevant Hoppa bus: https://www.hotelhoppa.co.uk/bus-services/h5d/

Lady London 2,020 posts

Thanks Tony, still need a couple of nights to retain Diamond, also Sofitel about 3 times as expensive and also fell out with accor when they cleared a lot of points out my account in February when I thought they had an expiry extension until 31st Dec.

Talk to Accor. They may have an unpublished ability to reinstate your stolen points if you do 1 stay. They did it for me last year at a time they hadn’t published anything (though their theft was pretty egregious). They may try for 2 nights. If they do, point out how expensive the Sofitel is and try for 1 night. Note who you spoke to and when, or keep another record.

Accor points are now useful for events so it’s worthwhile fighting for them.

Mr F 12 posts

@Lady London, thanks, will give it a try and see what they say.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.