Amazing IHG Flash Sale NOW ON – £25 / €25 HI Express, £35 / €35 Holiday Inn, £125 / €125 IC etc

Apologies for dropping this in as a mid-morning post.  I was expecting this sale to go live tomorrow, but it is actually available NOW.  This is well worth jumping on.

IHG Rewards Club is running a 48 hour flash sale across the UK and Europe on all of its main brands.  The prices are astonishing:

IHG Rewards Club

Holiday Inn Express £25 per room or €25 in Europe

Holiday Inn £35 per room or €35 in Europe

Crowne Plaza £45 per room or €45 in Europe

Hotel Indigo £65 per room or €65 in Europe

InterContinental Hotels £125 per room or €125 in Europe

Remember that Holiday Inn Express rates include breakfast as well!  There are also hotels like InterContinental LeGrand in Paris on there which often sell for over €400 per night.

Here are the rules:

You must book before midnight on Tuesday

In any event, the promotion is limited to 25,000 rooms so may end earlier

You must stay between 16 December and 26 January

You cannot book more than 2 rooms at the same hotel for the same dates

You must be an IHG Rewards Club member to book (free) – if you are not a member, you can join during the booking process.  This will also ensure you get free internet on your stay, as even base level IHG Rewards Club members don’t pay for wireless internet from January.

These rooms do NOT earn points and will NOT count towards The Big Win

This is how to book:

Step 1 (optional)click on this link.  This will put an IHG cookie onto your computer, which should mean that Head for Points earns a tiny commission from your booking.  Thanks for your support!  (IHG is not on Quidco or TopCashBack so you are not losing out by helping out!)

Step 2 – close that page and click on this link.  It will take you to the booking page for this promotion.

Step 3 – you need to select a hotel from the dropdown list.  Once you have done this, click ‘Find Hotel’.  You may need to click twice.  This will open up the main IHG booking website.  You will see the special rate code in the rate code box.

Step 4 – book as per normal.  If rooms are available at this rate, they will show automatically

I have managed to snag a few nights at the Holiday Inn Mayfair for £35 and Crowne Plaza The City for £45 for my first choice of dates, so there is – at the time of writing – LOTS of availability.

If you are not bothered about which property you book in a city, this link will bring up all the participating Holiday Inn branded hotels for whatever dates you select.  This link does the same for Holiday Inn Express.

Good luck!

Full details can be found here.  The full list of participating hotels is here but is not 100% correct – IC Dusseldorf and Staybridge Suites Stratford, for a start, do not actually seem bookable, at least online.

(To see our complete list of all current hotel promotions for the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Hyatt Gold Passport adds cash and points awards ... a definite improvement
A reminder of 5 easy ways to hit your credit card sign-up bonus £ target

Comments

1. Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

HIX Victoria at £25. That’s great value for central London.

2. There is nothing at Le Grand for the whole period – I’ve tried !

• Ive managed to book 24th – 26th Dec at Le Grand at 125 EUR. They are there but availability may be scarce!

• Farringdon says:

Just booked a weekend in late January at Le Grand. Combine this with the Eurostar discounts in Jan and it’s a fantastic deal.

• Good stuff. LeGrand lets you buy Club access – its not cheap, probably €120 I think for the room per night, but if you are in the hotel in the evening then the free-flowing champagne and nibbles (plus breakfast in the lounge, plus lounge and afternoon snacks if you are about) is not a bad treat.

3. Just got the Holiday Inn Express in Dresden city center for 25 euros! Interestingly, I got a notification from my IHG iPhone app about this promotion this morning, but it said I had to call to make the booking. Obviously, that’s not the case when doing it through a PC.

• I got the same ping at 9am and immediately called and booked two nights in Paris.
      I was also told the promotion would only bookable via phone!

4. Would a stay like this count for the Big Win?

5. Finding availability one hotel at a time can be a pain but you can search all hotels in location by doing the below:-

Search for your hotel and when the results are displayed amend the URL at the top of your browser. Find the below string:-

qRtP=6CBARC and replace with qRtP=IDLTG

you can now see all hotel rates with at the christmas rates if they are available.

• Didn’t work for me. Shame as. Single searches are a pain!

• Just tried this again and definitely working ok. Remember it will only show hotels at the 45/34/25 price if available that night. Please try London 2nd Jan 1 night for a test

• Hmmm…. Just be careful as I’m seeing some hotels come back more expensive when doing this (i.e London, Dec 20th & 21st, sorted by rates).

This seems rather badly executed to me – 50,000 rooms spread across so many hotels and 30 nights. It’s needle in a haystack to find the availability and clearly much of it has already gone (I got the IHG e-mail a few minutes ago).

• T&C’s say 25,000 rooms – does the email say 50,000? I agree, though, if it was 25,000 nights across so many hotels that is only a few hundred at each.

• pazza2000 says:

I can’t figure this out either, despite trying. Would be great to save individually searching.

• I may be missing something too, but how do you start the initial search- using the link you posted? If so, how far do you go in the process before changing the URL string? Do you need to go into a specific hotel or stop when you have the selection in the city of choice?

• Just click the HI or HIX link in the post, you don’t need to go via stage 2 unless you have a specific hotel in mind. Then select the city and dates.

6. Discount Mike says:

What a pity you can’t use this for the Big Win, thought I’d hit the Jackpot.

7. ….gosh, got distracted for 30 minutes and the flood of £35 rooms in London I had lined up have gone!!!

…he who hesitates…..

8. Michael Baku says:

Thanks Raffles. Just bagged myself a bargain in Istanbul!

9. Anthony Thomas says:

Booked £25 over at HI Express Limehouse.

In error I booked 2nd – 4th instead of 1st – 4th so needed an extra night, now got it cheaper. Shame it wasn’t all @ £25!

10. Raffles,
    They are doing a Rewards Club points sale.
    Special Offer: Get 50% more IHG® Rewards Club points
    Buy IHG® Rewards Club points between November 25 and December 2, 2013 and receive a 50% bonus on the number of points purchased. Buy IHG® Rewards Club points today!
    Is it worth buying points and using it later ?

11. Chilibenny says:

Thanks for the heads up – your post came a bit before I got an email and so I have paid for a night at the Holiday Inn Bloomsbury in early Jan. Have stayed there before and it is a great central location next to Russell Square Tube.

12. Colin MacKinnon says:

If you need a Big Win break – and maybe some BA tier points? – then you can fly up to Glasgow and get a room at the airport Holiday Inn for £35 on a Saturday night.

I have now booked this since the Flash Sale doesn’t count for the Bug Win.

• Also the Glasgow Crowne Plaza can be had at the weekend quite cheap. My last hotel stay for Big Win is there, Sunday night for £59.

13. If you’re just after cheap nights for the Big Win, I’m seeing the Ariel at Heathrow and the Luton South both for £27.90 on Dec 20th. Book as 1 adult.

That’s the best available rate.

14. Thanks so much, just grabbed a weekend in Poole at the end of Jan for £50. That’ll keep the missus happy!

15. I wonder if this will end up paying points? The £20.13 rate this year did for me- I imagine this is a similar set up???

16. Take care with some of the deals – Prague for example at 125 Euro for the Intercon is 35 euro more expensive that the normal rate.Otherwise some great buys.

17. Thanks – needed 3 nights in Liverpool over Xmas, and booked the Crowne Plaza for £45 per night. Although this time is a cheap time to stay anyway, I still bank on paying £70-90 for a decent 4*, so works out at half price.

18. Got London Crowne Plaza St James for £45 a night for weekend 4/5 Jan 2014, still available last time I checked.

19. Incidentally, I didn’t get notification from IHG regarding this promotion – despite all of my marketing preferences being set to ‘yes’. I never get the Amex offer emails either… I wonder if my mail provider filters all that kind of stuff out at the server end as ‘junk’?

• I get emails on 3 accounts and none of them got it either.

• for Amex, I never used to get any promotional emails, even though I set up my preferences to receive them. However I emailed their support team and now I get the emails.

20. AspirationalFlyer says:

Hi Raffles – thank you for this. I have just booked the Intercontinental Amsterdam for my birthday for EUR 125 (plus taxes). The reviews are mixed but I am sure it will be a great experience. I called Amex Platnium travel this morning and they told me that the rate was EUR 351 (and this was after mentioning this offer and Amex calling to double check the best rate with the hotel).

• Hotel is fine – it is a classic ‘grand dame’ property, albeit one which could do with some money spent on it. Breakfast for 2 may double your bill if I remember rightly!

• AspirationalFlyer says:

Right – sounds a bit like the Waldorf Astoria in New York. There is something fairly charming about hotels like that in my view and I have never stayed at a Intercontinental before so I am sure it will be a good experience irrespective. I will be certain to check the prices at breakfast before heading into the restaurant and sitting down! Thanks again.

Trackbacks

1. […] Amazing 48-hour Holiday Inn etc flash sale now on! Just an FYI I guess. Useless for the Fri 13th WHC Christmas meet, as the sale is for stays 16th onwards. […]

2. […] to Head for Points for sharing the details of this sale.  His post also has some good tips on hunting down availability if you can’t find what you […]