250 free Flying Blue miles for completing one survey (and more for more)

Flying Blue, the Air France / KLM scheme, has launched a new partnership based around completing online market research surveys.

We have been here before, of course, with e-rewards. You can earn 750 free Avios in avios.com for signing up with them and completing one survey.

When you’ve done that, you can sign up again with a different email address via British Airways Executive Club and earn another 750 Avios in ba.comFull details of e-rewards and Avios can be found here.

Avios.com and ba.com also have a tie-up with ‘Rewards For Thoughts’.  You earn 600 free Avios points for completing your first survey.  You can presumably join twice using different email addresses, once with your BA account and once with your avios.com account.

What is interesting about the Flying Blue deal is that it is working with a partner I haven’t come across beforeOpinion Rewards Club.

Opinion Rewards Club

The other interesting fact is that this is a UK-only promotion, despite the fact that neither Air France or KLM are UK-based – although Flying Blue does have a high percentage of UK members.  I get a feeling that Opinion Rewards Club may soon pop up as a partner with some other UK airline and hotel groups.

You receive 250 Flying Blue miles by signing up with Opinion Rewards Club and completing your first online survey.

Further surveys earn a far weaker 50 points each, and you should consider whether it is worth carrying on or not.  You will receive 100 bonus points for every 10th survey so it averages out at 60 miles each time – still not great.

The link to sign up with Opinion Rewards Club is here.

(PS.  In the comments below, there is also a link to signing up with e-rewards via Flying Blue.  This will earn you 500 miles for your first survey.)

Europe is the big winner in the Starwood Preferred Guest category changes
My review of the Etihad A380 Business Studio - the bar and food (part 2)

Comments

1. Robert says:

Slightly OT: as a one off, my parents are flying KLM to SFO in Y this month. Is there anything they (or I!) could do with the miles earned if they were to sign up to the Flying Blue Club, being unlikely they would be flying KLM again in near future?

• Nothing off the top of my head, but there is no reason not to take the miles just in case – something may come up before they expire.

• No idea how many points you will get, but I would grab them and convert MR points to make up to enough for a European trip. Plus e_Rewards below.

• mikeact says:

I wouldn’t discount it…sign them up, West Coast is worth a few miles, dependant on ticket. They could always burn them in their shop, or a worst case, donate them to charity.

• Robert says:

Thanks for your comments. I will go ahead and sign them up – postpone decision what to do with them to another day!

2. 500 Flying Blue miles for signing up with e-rewards and completing one survey:

3. Stuart says:

Does earning miles this why prevent miles expiring?

• No. You need to take a miles earning flight once every 20 months with a SkyTeam airline or a Flying Blue non-SkyTeam airline partner. Which is pretty tight.

• mikeact says:

Before my life membership, I would get the very cheapest Southampton/Paris, bin the return, and use a few of my miles to get back on the same flight.

• Stuart says:

thanks

4. Is the link from BAEC to e-rewards no longer working? I’ve just tried it and it gives me “Either this session has timed out or this process is currently unavailable”. I already collect via Avios.com and didn’t realise you could do again with BAEC.

• It worked last night because I tested it. The Iberia link no longer works – it seems you now need to wait for an invite from them.

• Still not working for me! Will try again in a day or two. On a positive note though while I was on that page on the BAEC site I saw the bit about the Chic Outlet Shopping Village at Bicester – I had never heard of this place till friends told us to visit it a couple of weeks ago when we were visiting down south! I have now emailed them copies of my receipts and will hopefully get back 205 miles for the purchases I made! If I had known I might have bought more!

• ankomonkey says:

I’ve been getting that message from different devices in different locations (and ip addresses) for months. I just can’t seem to sign-up to e-rewards via BA…

• Glad it’s just not me doing something wrong!

• Actually when you try to connect to e-rewards from the BAEC website BAEC does not appear in the left hand column as one of the partners!

5. AndyGWP says:

O/T – did the Hilton HHonors link (for setting a password) that someone mentioned in comments a week or two ago, ever get confirmed as working? :)