Super SWISS offer – £123 return in BUSINESS to Geneva

SWISS has launched a very attractive promotion to help fill its business cabin over the quiet Summer months.  I like the look of it very much and have already jumped in myself!

If you book for travel between July 1st and September 30th, you will be automatically upgraded into business class when you book a flight between London City or London Heathrow and Geneva.

The Swiss website shows the business fare automatically when you go into the booking process, so there is no confusion over what you are getting.  The price is actually £13 higher than economy but this is due to the extra Air Passenger Duty.

You must book by Friday night.  Some dates are already sold out but it is available for many dates, especially midweek.

This is a very good deal.  For a start, Geneva is a lovely city, especially in the Summer.

Geneva

£123+ for a return flight in business class – which includes lounge access at both Heathrow Terminal 2 and Geneva, a guaranteed empty middle seat and premium food and drink – is a steal.

(London City has no lounges, of course – it is a better deal from Heathrow for that reason.)

The flights book into P class.  This means that you will earn 1,500 Miles & More miles for a return trip or, of course, you can credit them to any other Star Alliance frequent flyer scheme.

If you are looking for a hotel, the InterContinental Geneva has recently had a full refurbishment.  Whilst a little out of the way, by the United Nations, it is the best redemption option in the city and that is where I have booked in.  Starwood has the President Wilson but the reviews imply that the hotel desperately needs smartening up.

Club Carlson (Radisson), Hilton, Marriott and Hyatt are not present, surprisingly.

If you paying cash, the Four Seasons is fantastic – I stayed there last time I was in town.  There is also a Mandarin Oriental.

This offer is only valid for bookings made by tomorrow night, June 12th, at swiss.com.

Best ever bonus - 1,000 Clubcard points (2,400 Avios) for joining TopCashback!
2,000 bonus Avios on Marriott weekend stays across Europe

Comments

1. The quiet Summer months have surely now got quieter now the Platter and his folks have to do things differently…..

2. Daniel says:

Did a dummy booking and it’s only returning economy for me. If I select business the price shoots up. This was for a weekend in September.

3. Thanks for that, a great offer. Back in the bmi days Swiss was my favourite Star Alliance carrier (most of my travel was within Europe so never tried the likes of Singapore or Thai).

That’s a price I’d consider good even for economy so I’ll definitely try and fit a time to take advantage of it.

4. PartnerPlusBenefit points too… A shame this offer will be over “receive double PartnerPlusBenefit points on all Swiss flights taken between the UK and Ireland and Geneva until June 30th.”

5. Waribai says:

Slightly off topic but since Intercontinental was mentioned. Any idea what has happened to promo codes such as the ones you used to list Raffles. I remember certain people became wary due to accounts allegedly being closed but have they died a death completely?

• They still seem to appear from time to time – for example they sent me one for 1,000 points per stay for the next few months as a special ‘celebration of having been a member for 10 years’ -nothing compared to the oodles of bonus points available previously!!

• Raffles says:

There are some still about – my wife was emailed one recently – but I have become very wary about listing them because of IHG’s enthusiasm to close down the accounts of people who use them but were not targeted.

6. Danksy says:

Just had a peek, couldn’t see the fares either :-(

7. signol says:

It sounds similar to the one they had last year, only on GVA-CPH. I got a J one way for £32 :-)

8. Concerto says:

Any sign of anything similar on routes between Switzerland and Spain, namely Geneva and Madrid?

9. Just booked an August flight for £148 to attend a wedding there, thanks! :)

10. Pat Butcher says:

What are the lounges like?

• The most practical option is the Lufthansa lounge which is OK. If you are happy to walk to the B satellite there is the stunning United Club etc which I assume will also accept a Star business class ticket.

• I’ve been to the Swiss lounge in Geneva a couple of years ago. It’s mediocre and I don’t remember they serve any food there apart from drinks and snacks. The one in Zurich is larger and has better offerings but there’s not much to write home about either.

11. Depending what floats your boat, I see one of the rotations on a Saturday is operated by an Austrian Airlines Dash 8.

Must be the only prop service out of LHR these days, surely?

I assume the seating protocol will be the same as on OS – A&C seats allocated in row 1, B&D in row 2, A&C in row 3 etc…

12. Just booked for the five of us (3 Adults and 2 Children) Thursday 20th – Mon 24th. which was the only 4 night stay I could find when you can get the late flight home. Most of the availability at the cheaper price, with the evening flight, is Tue-Fri in August. Any advice on lounges in Heathrow as I normally fly from Gatwick?

Not sure what we are going to do in Geneva with 3 kids, but there you go, a bit of a spur of the moment decision this after receiving my morning emails from HFP….

• Very pleasant place and essay day trips by train available. Lufthansa lounge easiest with kids as saves walking to B satellite.

• You might find the best deal is to hop over to France. Maybe go to somewhere like Chamonix?

13. sandgrounder says:

I see the the Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn Express at the airport are both 35000 points a night. Which to choose…… :-)

14. onemoretrip says:

Many thanks for unearthing this great fare! I’ve been wanting to visit Switzerland for a while now and managed to score a return flight in mid-July for £100, paying with Amex. My domestic flight in Economy to LHR is more expensive. Now to prepare for cheese, chocolate and timepieces…

15. barnaby100 says:

I also booked this. Where would be a good hotel to stay?

16. Thanks for this – I booked a return in business class for £92 in mid July!

No IHG points so also now tying to decide on a hotel.

17. Darn, I just found this in my spam folder:-(. Too late to book now I guess. Seems 1 message each day from HFP is going to my junk mail.