Generous Conrad and Waldorf-Astoria bonus point offers still working in 2016

Last year, Hilton ran three special bonus promotions for its luxury Conrad and Waldorf-Astoria brands.  As I found out in New York, you will receive the bonus points even on reward stays!

These offers were meant to expire at the end of 2015.  However, as a couple of readers have emailed me to point out, they are still working.  You should register if you have any upcoming Conrad or Waldorf-Astoria stays.

The first offer is for 2,000 bonus Hilton HHonors points for every NIGHT at a Conrad or Waldorf-Astoria hotel.

The registration page is here.

Conrad New York 350

The second offer is for bonus points on your next three stays at Conrad or Waldorf-Astoria hotels.

Your first stay will trigger 2,000 bonus points, your second 3,000 and your third 5,000.

The registration page for this offer is here.

The third offer is for 5,000 points on your next stay of two nights or more at a Conrad or Waldorf-Astoria hotel.

The link to register is here.

If you registered for the these offers last year, you will already be registered – there is nothing more to do.  You can receive bonus points for all three promotions at the same time.  Whilst the small print suggests that you can only register if you received these offers directly, this is not the case.

Remember that our ‘Hotel Promos’ page contains a summary of all current active promotions for all of the major chains.

Bits: 25% off CrossCountry trains next week, Tesco bonus points round-up, help a student dissertation
Earn triple Avios - SEVEN per Euro! - on Accor (Sofitel, Mercure, Novotel etc) stays

Comments

1. Johnnycl says:

Great offer if they combine with reward stays as suggested. This would bring my five night reward stay at the Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus to a net cost of 103k points.

2. Yer Dancer! Staying at WA UK next week :-)

This was a great promo in the Maldives…

3. I have a two night stay booked next week in Edinburg. Will this work in pre booked stays?

• Alan, yes as long as you register before you check in.

I’m there a week on Sunday, be good to compare the experience, please fwd your brief thoughts on your stay at Edin WA to Rob, he’ll then combine them with an article I’m writing for HfP to be published later this year…

• I was given a suite at the WA Edinburgh last year on a stay using a free night voucher and the booking was made in my girlfriends account and she s only L silver at the time. It was my birthday so they have me some chocolates as a present which was very nice. This all night of helped when we upgraded by payment of about £30 for breakfast well worth it. Ask for a castle view room. All bonuses triggered too. It’s a lovely place to stay in Edinburgh.

• I’ve only booked a standard room. Which I’m sure will be nice. But what, if any type of upgrade is possible there with diamond status?

I said platinum in my first message (it’s early)

• Great will do. My wife has a couple of treatments booked in the spa so she may be able to add a different slant!

My first Hilton stay with my new platinum status so I’m intrigued to see how it goes.

• Also got massage booked for the ladies in my party (also treating friends to a room).

Request upgrade in advance online or via phone, see what they can do for you on the day @ checkin, depending on capacity/availability… I find Hiltons try and upgrade you where they can, especially if you’re polite/nice/grateful! :)

• Not sure if your HH Gold, if so you’ll get free breakfast during January

4. I have the free weekend night from the Hilton card.

For someone who hasn’t stayed at a Conrad or Waldorf before, which hotel would HFP readers recommend that I can get to using 4500 Avios from London?

I obtained Hilton Diamond for my wife by status match but the voucher is in my name. I would like to get free breakfast for us if possible. Don’t care about room upgrades that much.

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Dublin and Versailles seem to get inconsistent reviews, but Edinburgh, Amsterdam and Berlin are supposed to be good.

• Scottnothing says:

I thought Versailles and Rome were both excellent when I stayed last year. Versailles felt more like a boutique hotel – Rome had a few too many cruise ship passengers and accountants on conference by my liking, but the pool/spa/gym facilities were great (and the cruisers and KPMGers stayed away from those areas).

• Amsterdam, Berlin, Conrad Algarve, WA Rome

5. Slightly off topic. I got 29000 AMEX points I need to cancel my card in Feb. I need a night in Seattle in September. The W Seattle (SPG) wants 12000 points for a night. This would cost me 24000 AMEX points. They want $389 dollars for a night if booked now.

Is it a good use of my points? I was going to try to get a room for about 120-150 pounds. I am only in hotel from about 21 till 12 at checkout.

• Well if you can get a room for £120, then your Amex points are only saving you 0.5p per point, which is not very good value.

If you would pay $389 for the room anyway, then you are getting more than 1p per point which is good value.

Maybe check if Kaligo/Rocketmiles or hotels.com have anything worthwhile

6. With Hilton Gold, if I booked room only at WA Rome in Feb, would I get breakfast? I assumed yes, but an early comment mentions Jan only.

• Scottnothing says:

Unless there is a promotion, my understanding is no. When I stayed there last year I purposefully booked an Imperial/Executive-level room to ensure I had access to the Imperial Club lounge, where they served a decent breakfast (incl prosecco).

Hilton Gold members are only entitled to the following at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts:
      ◾Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
      ◾1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or one in-room movie1 per stay

• My comments on Free breakfast for HHGold are for the WA Edinburgh only, as far as I’m aware its exclusive to only that WA hotel.

7. Maygwendolynne says:

I have 3 stays at the London Waldorf for 4 nights each at the end of Feb, beginning of March. Does it have a limit on when you have to stay by? I registered a few days ago hoping they might have continued it as registration was still working so I’m hoping that there’s no cut off date. If not this could be a nice little earner especially with the double up points and diamond bonus points I get! Fingers crossed!

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Hate to break it to you but the London Waldorf is, despite the name, a Hilton rather than a Waldorf Astoria so this promotion won’t apply.

8. Here’s hoping this is still crediting points when I get to the Conrad Maldives in November….won’t hold my breath though!

9. I was playing around with the Hilton site yesterday for Hawaii redemptions for the future to get an idea of points costs. I was putting in 5 nights but it was telling me the cost for all 5 nights in total. How does the 5 nights for the cost of 4 work if you have status? Does it not recalculate automatically when you click ‘buy’?

• Scottnothing says:

The 5th night free discount should be reflected in the final total price you are quoted online – Hilton applies a per night discount that corresponds to one free night for every five nights rather than showing the 5th night being free in the price quote.

• Were you logged in Liz?

• Yes I was logged in and I got Diamond status in the recent match. I only have 81000 points and it wanted to charge me $12000 to make up the 449k points needed for 106k per night x5 so that didn’t show any discounted price – the next page on was a non refundable charge to my Hilton card so I backed out. I wasn’t sure where the discount kicked in. I’ll have another go over the weekend.

• ankomonkey says:

Is the property you’re trying to book a resort? Some properties opt out of the 5 nights for the points of 4 offer, according to HHonors CS. They tend to be resorts apparently…

• Yes it was – ok will need to do a lot more research – just looking at the moment – thanks for your help!

• ankomonkey says:

I’d ring Hilton H Honors customer support (or you can request they ring you on their website) and ask if you’re definitely interested in that property. They confirmed it for me when I couldn’t get my fifth night free trying to book an all-inclusive resort property.

• Thanks – I’ll do that

• Hi Liz – was it definitely a standard room redemption you were looking at? They’re normally round numbers and 106k per night sounds more like a premium rewards redemption to me? The easy way to check the 5 for 4 offer is to search for 4 nights and see what the total cost in points is, then change to 5 nights and it should stay the same. You need to have Hilton Silver or above and be logged in to see the reduced rate. You can also click on rate details to see the total cost, you don’t need to click right through in booking.

10. Slightly OT but I am staying at the Budapest Hilton in a few weeks and hold Hilton Diamond. I booked 2 rooms for 4 of us. Will I just get benefits for 2 people? Would I get executive lounge access only for 2?

Thanks

• Scottnothing says:

It’s completely at the hotel’s discretion.

They are only required to give the loyalty benefits to you and one guest sharing the same room as you, but many hotels will extend the benefits to the second room out of courtesy (although the space-available upgrade on the second room might not be as good as the cardholder’s).

11. Getting points on a rewards stay didn’t work for me.

I was registered for these promos last year when I had a reward stay at the Conrad Maldives. Didn’t generate anything.

• You should do.. slightly less salubrious but I used 5000 points for the Corby Hampton last autumn and received 4500 points back –> 2000 “triple your trip” offer + 2500 for buying a bottle of water with my Barclaycard

• Do you normally have to charge something to your room with Hilton to get bonus points or was this a specific promotion? I’ve seen others mention charges to rooms for small items before.

• I take it this was the 2500 for your first 4 stays paying with the Barclaycard?

Foolishly I’ve used my Amex as the card on file for two Hilton stays coming up (1 free night, 1 paid) – I clean forgot about by Hilton Barclaycard. Does *any* charge from Hilton to the Barclaycard generate the bonus points? (I.e. it doesn’t have to be the room charge?)

12. Just received bonus of 3000 for Conrad Dublin :) I started this game end of last year and landed 56000 HH points for my first stay at Conrad StJames:D

Trackbacks