Bits: TODAY ONLY – the best hotel in Frankfurt for €55, no more free Etihad spa treatments

News in brief:

Jumeirah Frankfurt €55 for one day

The Jumeirah hotel in Frankfurt is generally regarded as the best in the city and is arguably the best business hotel in the country.

The hotel is 5 years old this September.  To celebrate, it is selling weekend nights for just €55!  This is how it works:

You can only book today, 5th May

You can only book for 55 minutes between 5.55pm CEST to 6.50pm CEST.  That is 4.55pm to 5.50 pm UK time.

You can only book on jumeirah.com

You can only book one night at this rate

Frankfurt is not the most attractive of cities but there is definitely enough to see to fill a one-night weekend break.

Jumeirah Frankfurt

Etihad removes free spa treatments for business class passengers

Over the weekend, Etihad quietly rolled out a sharp reduction in the lounge benefits offered.

Business class passengers will no longer receive a free treatment in the lounge spas at Heathrow and Abu Dhabi.  They already had to pay for treatments in the Style & Shave salon in Abu Dhabi.

First Class passengers and Etihad Platinum tier members will receive one free treatment, either in the spa or Abu Dhabi’s Style & Shave salon.  You could previously have one free treatment in both.

If you have paid $20,000 for the A380 Residence one-way, you still get two free treatments!

To be honest, I can see business in the Heathrow spa dropping to pretty much nil under this model.  With only 9 First Class seats on an A380 there won’t be much free demand (I didn’t bother when I flew the First Apartment recently) and I can’t see many Business Class passengers paying.  Let’s see how this pans out.

Full details of the new policy can be found on the Etihad website here.

Earn up to 20,000 bonus Avios with new Kaligo.com hotel promotion!
15% bonus on Tesco Clubcard transfers into Virgin Flying Club miles - worth it?

Comments

1. Talay says:

Of course, it goes without saying that if I cannot even try to obtain a room via this promotion, I will certainly never set foot in their hotel in future.

They won’t care of course but interesting how a decent promotion not backed up with enough forethought can crease a bad impression where none existed previously.

• Jordan D says:

Indeed – with top tier status in two major chains (which means I get breakfast included), wouldn’t have normally considered this place … not sure I will again. Social Media presence currently poor too – not responding on there.

2. My sentiments exactly. Now getting:

Unavailable Jumeirah Site
    Please accept our apologies for Jumeirah.com not being available to you at the moment. We are currently working on it in order to provide you with a better experience. We will be finished shortly so please do come back soon.

Alternatively please contact us on info@jumeirah.com for reservations and general enquiries.

We look forward to your return.

3. Managed to book over the UK phone line!

• What number did you call?

• 08000828000

• Spoke to someone called Mary. She was very apologetic about the whole thing

• Boris says:

Just successfully made a booking under the offer on that number for October.

Painful but possible.

• Boris says:

September is the month to go for because there is iirc a special 55 Euro 5 course menu.

But thanks to Raffles’ ferreting skills I am in Australia for most of September already :-).

Will have to make do with the 40sqm room and the complimentary Health Spa.

• Just noticed I’ve got a Deluxe King room. I thought the offer was for Deluxe Double rooms. Anyone else got this? They may be same thing. I would check the difference on the website, but…

• BlueHorizonUK says:

Booked over the phone too. She even did a two night stay for me at the promo price per night.

• What number?

4. I phoned up central reservations – they cannot take bookings under this promo.

5. Jordan D says:

From their Twitter: “Thank you for the great demand. The website is occasionally not available. We are happy to leave the offer open till midnight tonight.”

6. signol says:

I managed to book a room after 18:00. Handy for after arriving on LAN! Local S-Bahn station is on the airport line.

7. Jordan D says:

Booking made for December and the Christmas markets. Win. Tip of the hat to Raffles.

8. Is it allow to book 2 separate booking on Friday and Saturday (same weekend)? I studied the terms and conditions and apparently, this is not mentioned or prohibited.

9. Clive says:

Forgot about this but just got two rooms in October (same day) for the €55 ea and BA RFS for £105 for 3 of us. Thank you

10. I managed to book 3 nights on one booking for only 165EUR… Friday night to Monday.

11. The etihad service varies massively. I just returned on a redemption 1st trip from dubai via AUH with a friend. We must have been some of the last passengers to enjoy 2 treatments about 1am on 1st May as it stopped that day. Our flight from london was fantastic – One of the best crews Ive ever had on any airline. We sat in the bar area with a couple of other passengers and the crew delivered us a spread of nibbles and kept them and the drinks flowing without asking. They were attentive and good company. Coming back the check in service was terrible. Grumpy young woman who didnt speak to us and argued with the baggage handler about bag weights even though the weight was tiny. She then checked us though business rather than 1st class and our bags were last off the plane in london.

12. Terrible VOIP line on their 08000 number.

No, cannot, cutting me off, etc. I have not had such shocking service in decades, not years, from supposed a first rate hotel group.

Well done those who secured the deal but I am left wondering whose head should roll for this fiasco ?

13. Talay says:

Received a ” no can do” response to email request so I’ll book the Marriott or similar and deal with proper customer service.

Shambles.

14. harry says:

Frankfurt

probably a good place to eat a sausage :)

15. Has anyone flown FRA-AUH on Etihad 332 metal ?

No A380s on this route and a lot of “Etihad configured aircraft” ex Jet Airways I suspect

Trackbacks