€4.99 to Spain / Amsterdam / Paris / Rome / Zurich in the Vueling sale!

Vueling, the sister airline of British Airways and Iberia, has launched a €4.99 Winter sale on selected routes.

Full details are on the Vueling website here.

In theory these fares run until 22nd September but you would be crazy to wait that long as I doubt they will hang about.

You must travel between 2nd November to 25th March.  Not all dates are available but Vueling has a handy calendar so you can easily which days are included.

Seats are definitely available at these prices.  Here is a return flight from Manchester to Alicante in January I priced up last night:

Only the €10 ‘booking fee’ kicks up the cost, but at €9.99 each way after the fee you aren’t breaking the bank.

You won’t earn Avios on these tickets (more expensive Vueling flights do earn Avios in Iberia Plus) and neither will you get lounge access if you have British Airways status.  It is difficult to complain at these prices though!

If your ticket shows as earning Vueling points, you may want to open an account and claim those.  There are rumours of Vueling switching across to Avios soon and your Puntos would presumably convert.

Here is the full list of routes which touch the UK.

Birmingham – Malaga

London Luton – Zurich

London Luton – Amsterdam

Manchester – Alicante

Manchester – Rome

Manchester – Tenerife

Newcastle – Barcelona

If you cannot find flights both ways at €4.99, there is another option.  Promotional code FLYNDERUK knocks off €20 from the price of return flights.  The code definitely works but I’m not sure what the criteria are. (EDIT: posted in the comments below)

You can find full details on the Vueling website here.

Inside No 1 Lounge Gatwick South - your alternative BA lounge from January
What happens to your Avios points when you die?

1. They fly from Cardiff too. If going to Alicante I liked the Melia, loads of nice seafood places 100m further up the pier.

• alicante port is a tourist trap

• see http://flynder.com/en/863/flights-europe-vy-0716-uk
      Offer Details:
      •Maximum discount is 20€
      •Discount off base fare only and only on Vueling’s ‘Basic Fare’
      •Must book at least 21 days prior to travel
      •Book before 29th November 2016
      •Travel between 15th September – 19th December 2016
      •Hand luggage up to 10 kg included

there are similar (but different) codes for Vueling flights from Italy, France, Netherlands, Portugal

2. Sorry OT: How to best combine mile redemption on AA as we have split point between me and wife and want to use it for flight booking. Sadly one way only so cant make efficient use of miles as there is no HHA like BA.

Would booking call centre be any helpful? Any experience shared here is highly appreciated.

• To simplify further, I have 45k miles in my account with wife 35k miles.
      We need 80k miles total for flight redemptions.
      How can we effectively combine our mile balance to book flights for four of us?
      Do not mind if it means we end up with two separate bookings as long as we have secured booking on the same flight.

• [not OT]
        My €10 one way LTN-ZRH offers Punto points. Are they worth anything?

• What exactly are you trying to do? Can you each book a one way flight to wherever you want, and use Avios to come back? You cannot combine AA miles.

• Trying to book cash for outgoing and return using AA miles on AY.
          There is availability but for 4 seats in Y but with 45K+35K in two separate account not sure how to best book this flight for miles. Can obviously split as two booking
          1. One booking for 2 people (use 40k miles out of 40)
          2. Either buy 5k miles to round up to 40K miles and book second set of ticket for another two people.

Was just wondering if AA call centre allowed pooling points between family members to effectively utilise AA miles instead of buying them

OT on OT (TIP)
          If anyone is planning trip to AUS/NZ, you can also use to fly between the two for 10k AA miles plus modest taxes. I checked for my dates where flight between AKL-PER were 500+ AU$ but with AA miles 10k eachway.

• You can share the points on AA to the other account before booking but it will cost $77.50 for 5000 or $71 for 6000 points (if you had 6000 points to move and not take you below 40K as there is a promo on transferring over 6000 points).

Other options
            1) If you have enough SPG points to move them over to your wife’s account that transfer at 1:1.

2) Take out an MBNA AA card to get 5000 bonus points (but that will take about a month to get credited)

3) Transfer Amex MR points to SPG then to AA. You would need 10,000 MR points to get 5000 AA miles (so probably not the best use of points).

4) Get the SPG Amex to get 10,000 SPG points and then transfer half to your wife, then to AA. SPG allows free transfers between family accounts before moving over to airlines.

3. Globetrotter7 says:

Booked LON-PAR form my birthday in Jan. Thanks as always Rob

4. Just booked a return flight Luton to Zurich in Jan for 20 Euros. Thanks HFP for sorting my bargain ski trip!

5. Nick Massey says:

Not that I needed another trip, but LTN-AMS for 2 adults and 2 kids came out at 3.93euros including the amex fee, Saturday morning in Jan! I wasn’t going to say no!!

Thanks for the heads up!

6. Not much left from London now

7. I flew with Vueling for the first time earlier this year. I was very impressed. I was expecting a budget experience but it was far from it. The plane was modern and clean and the staff were excellent.

8. Craig Mackay says:

Thanks Rob, just got Newcastle to Barcelona return for a week in January for €19.98!

9. No LBA?

10. The 9.99 fare is showing both ways for MAN – Tenerife in March…. but when I click through to select the flights, the only available price is over 200 euros.

Have tried with various dates and get the same result.

Any ideas?!

• Mr(s) Entitled says:

Their IT isn’t very good.

Select the fights and go through to the screen whereby you can purchase and the price has increased. From here you can then select ‘Month View’ and you will see actual bookable fares at real prices.

Nothing from MAN to interest me but I appreciate the heads up.

• After selecting your dates, then click on the ‘view the whole month’ tab. Seats are selling FAST though !!

11. Don’t phone!
    Ticket sales +44 09050781000
    8-24 h every day.
    calls cost 0,80 ppm per minute plus your phone company’s access charge

12. Why is it that the flights show at a cheap price in the calendar then increase to over 50 euros when I try to book?

13. Cheers Rob! 😀 some trips booked all at sale price

14. Lewis Watson says:

Thanks raffles. My mum lives I alienate this might save me a fortune

15. Lewis Watson says:

Just curious do more expensive flights back longe access to exec club members?

• Some people have reported, if they have BA status and turn up at a BA lounge, they get in. They are not meant to. These may be passengers who booked Vueling via ba.com and so have a BA flight number. Vueling is not in oneworld so you won’t get anywhere with any other lounge operator.

Free lounge access requires a pricey ‘Excellence’ fare.

16. Steph Horner says:

Return to Zurich booked for 103 Euros for 2 people in March.

17. Short break in paris 20euros for two return…I mean, how much better can it get?

18. What about LBA – BCN? That’s not on your list

19. Two day “Curry Run” booked..
    AGP – BHX – AGP – 2 pax less than 40 Euros inc booking fee in March..
    You cant get a good curry in Spain.
    Hat tip for the heads up.

20. I guess I am going to Amsterdam next March then for £18 return

21. 16March Two of us, Manchester – Tenerife RETURN, total of £35 ! ! Bargain of the year :-) Who needs Avios with crazy prices like this….

22. OT
    Sorry, could not help with this. Had to post this

Spend £2,782 on a two night stay at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park via Kaligo and earn (wait) whopping 222,600 air miles. That is a return of 80 Avios per £1.
    Use this and hit your signup bonus on PRGC (or BAPP) in one go.

• I only saw an unremarkable 7k avios on the Kaligo site for the said hotel on the said dates. Wondering if that was a glitch.

23. I just want to say thank you to Rob and Head for Points for this.
    Four return flights for a long weekend from Edinburgh to Paris 46 euros? I’ll have some of that!
    Vueling website was a bit clunky though as the monthly calendar does not seem to be syncing and most prices had gone up once you click on a specific date.
    Brilliant heads-up, thanks again.

24. Yessss! cheers Rob!

Weekend in Paris in Jan and then some skiing from Barcelona in March!

25. OT: just had a survey from avios about ‘combine my avios”. Looks like all avios are heading for a single portal, as opposed to carrier-specific FFP portals, to enable redemptions with ease on any airline. Reading between the lines IAG are taking a step closer to spinning off avios. Seems penny-pinching Willy is desperate for every penny he can get these days.

26. I see a Vueling ad on some pages of HfP. If it appears on yours and you’re thinking of booking, it would be polite to click on that and help HfP. :) It may depend on cookies, though.

Some comments about using the Vueling website:
    – use Extra Person if you want 3 seats for a couple for extra space. For €4.99 it’s a bargain but less so for higher fares.
    – the payment page has a dropdown box that accepts GBP or other currency.