UPDATE – OCTOBER 2020: This article is now out of date, but don’t worry. We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above.
Click here for our article on Marriott’s current ‘2,500 bonus points’ promotion which runs until 10th November 2020. You can register for the offer by clicking here.
Marriott Rewards is bringing back its MegaBonus promotion for the Autumn, with the new version running from 15th September to 31st January 2013.
Marriott targets different offers to different members, based on stay pattern. I very rarely stay at a Marriott group property, and if I log into my Marriott Rewards account and click on ‘Promotion Central’, I am offered what seems to be the most generous version:
- One free night for every 2 paid stays during the promotional period
- Maximum of 3 free nights to be earned
- Free nights to be redeemed at Category 1-4 properties only
- Free nights to be redeemed within 1 year
This is, to be fair, not a bad offer as long as I am not interested in staying at aspirational properties. Which is a shame, because I am interested in aspirational properties! There aren’t many exciting hotels in Category 1-4 – remember that the Marriott Rewards chart goes up to Category 8!
A typical Category 4 hotel would be the Leeds, Bristol and Northampton (see picture!) Marriott’s in the UK. You will struggle to find anything decent in a major European capital city in Category 1-4, although there are some options.
Thanks to Loyalty Traveller, other versions of the promo seem to be:
- 1 free night after every 2 stays, maximum 2 free nights, valid up to Category 5, valid for one year
- 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights with a further 15,000 after 20 paid nights
- 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights with a further 15,000 after 25 paid nights
- Earn 5,000 points every second stay, up to a maximum of 50,000 points
Anyone whose Marriott account is set up to give miles instead of points will receive a different miles promotion instead.
Note that you need to register by 31st October, so it is worth registering even if you are not planning any Marriott stays at present – it would be a shame to be faced with a couple of Marriott nights in January only to find that you can no longer sign up for the MegaBonus.
(To see our complete list of all current hotel promotions for the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)