Here are two important bits of news on deals I have covered this week.
Number 1 – The generous transfer rate from Accor to Iberia Avios
As I wrote here, this deal is back after a hiatus of a few days. However, Accor has now confirmed that it will end on 28th February and the Iberia transfer rate will align with the BA one. If you have any Accor points, try to transfer them before the end of next month.
Number 2 – The Flying Blue status match
Flying Blue offer is valid until 28 February, 2013 and is only valid for Danish residents
The alternative versions restrict it to Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish residents.
So, you now have two options if you want to take part.
1. Find a friend who lives in Denmark, Norway, Sweden or Finland who will let you use their address
2. Use this rather cheeky method which I outlined in my original post:
1. Create a false Danish street address in your Flying Blue profile
2. Let them match you – the card will be mailed to your fake Danish address, but will take months to be ‘returned to sender’
3. Change your address to your UK address, and request a replacement card from them (not sure if this can be done online, but most airlines let you do it via their website)
It remains to be seen what will happen to people who applied before they changed the rules and the closing date.
How to earn Flying Blue miles from UK credit cards (June 2021)
Air France and KLM do not have a UK Flying Blue credit card. However, you can earn Flying Blue miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These are:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Flying Blue miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Flying Blue miles
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 5,000 Flying Blue miles. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Flying Blue miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Flying Blue mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.