Club Carlson has announced a list of category changes for its hotels, which impacts the number of points needed for a reward stay.
Don’t panic, though! For the first time in a long time from a hotel scheme, the changes are mainly positive.
As you skim down it, you will see that the majority of the increases are in the US. In Europe, apart from Croatia, it is generally good news.
In the UK, for instance, 12 hotels change category. All of them come down in price!
Here is the relevant extract with the new pricing in points:
- Radisson Blue Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel – 44,000
- Radisson Blue Stansted Airport – 38,000
- Radisson Blu Birmingham – 38,000
- Radisson Blu Manchester Airport – 38,000
- Park Inn Cardiff City Centre – 28,000
- Park Inn Heathrow – 28,000
- Park Inn Peterborough – 28,000
- Park Inn Harlow – 15,000
- Park Inn St Helens – 15,000
- Park Inn Cardiff North – 9,000
- Park Inn Doncaster – 9,000
- Park Inn Leigh – 9,000
So, for once, it is not a bad result.
Remember that American Express points transfer into Club Carlson at 1:3. This means that you can get a night at the Park Inn Doncaster for just 3000 Membership Rewards points, which must be a decent deal if you need to be in the area.
These new rates were introduced for bookings after May 1st. If you had already booked at a hotel that has dropped in price, you might as well cancel and rebook.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points from UK credit cards (November 2020)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 15,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Gold status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Promos’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)