Club Carlson has announced a list of category changes for its hotels, which impacts the number of points needed for a reward stay.
Don’t panic, though! For the first time in a long time from a hotel scheme, the changes are mainly positive.
As you skim down it, you will see that the majority of the increases are in the US. In Europe, apart from Croatia, it is generally good news.
In the UK, for instance, 12 hotels change category. All of them come down in price!
Here is the relevant extract with the new pricing in points:
- Radisson Blue Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel – 44,000
- Radisson Blue Stansted Airport – 38,000
- Radisson Blu Birmingham – 38,000
- Radisson Blu Manchester Airport – 38,000
- Park Inn Cardiff City Centre – 28,000
- Park Inn Heathrow – 28,000
- Park Inn Peterborough – 28,000
- Park Inn Harlow – 15,000
- Park Inn St Helens – 15,000
- Park Inn Cardiff North – 9,000
- Park Inn Doncaster – 9,000
- Park Inn Leigh – 9,000
So, for once, it is not a bad result.
Remember that American Express points transfer into Club Carlson at 1:3. This means that you can get a night at the Park Inn Doncaster for just 3000 Membership Rewards points, which must be a decent deal if you need to be in the area.
These new rates were introduced for bookings after May 1st. If you had already booked at a hotel that has dropped in price, you might as well cancel and rebook.
(To see our complete list of all current hotel promotions for the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)