Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Some impressive business class deals in the Qatar 2-4-1 sale (inc Maldives for under £1,000 each)

Qatar Airways is currently running a ‘2-4-1’ sale on business class seats from a number of European destinations. Some of the prices on offer are very, very attractive indeed.

(Remember that Qatar is now a oneworld partner, so you earn Avios and British Airways tier points when you fly. I will be writing about the earnings rates, and a ‘double Avios’ promotion, tomorrow.)

Here is the link to the sale fares.

Qatar sale

From London, standout deals includes £3,100 for two people to the Maldives. Remember that, on the leg to Doha from London, Qatar runs its new Boeing 787’s with its new business class, as I wrote about here. £3,163 to Bangkok for two looks good as well.

However, deals get even more attractive when you start outside the UK – although Qatar does not always run its newest planes on these routes.

This link shows the fares from Paris.

They are offering a pretty amazing fare of €2,685 to Bangkok – and that is for two people! Maldives is an astonishing €2,260 – that is under £1,000 per person for business class flights during peak season.

(To put this into context, as Qatar is currently giving out double Avios points, your £1,000 return to the Maldives would also earn you about 26,500 Avios as well! That is based on 3,200 miles to Doha each way, 2,000 miles to Male, 1.25x mileage earned for business class and the current double Avios promotion which I will feature tomorrow.)

Other deals may be available from other European gateways if you have a play with the Qatar website.

You need to book by 14th November, for travel before 31st March.

Comments (26)

• Carlos says:

I have been trying to do some searches from Paris but always get a really high price not what it is being advertised. Is there a Promo code or something like that?

• Angelo says:

I can get a return business class from Paris to Melbourne for just over £3,700 for two for a trip at the back end of March. This is £1,000 cheaper than flying from London, so will be using 18,000 Avios (fee voucher from Lloyds Duo card earlier his year) and £70 on a Flight saver return to Paris. Result. Will hopefully use my Amex Gold card and double up on membership rewards as well. Only 4 days to make our mind up! All this is possible thanks you Raffles!!

• Ali C says:

For the dates I’m looking at in late Jan, LON-KUL is £1869 for 1 passenger and £3260 for 2 passengers. It is a good price, but it’s a stretch to call it “2-4-1”.
    The second passenger is supposed to pay taxes, but can the taxes be £1300 ?

• Rich says:

Managed to get 2 Business Class from MUN to MEL in late Jan, plus it’s on the new Dreamliner for £3400 – amazing! Thank you Raffles!!!!!!!

• Mandy says:

I’m obviously being dense as the sale fares disappear when I try to choose the flight.

• Riaz Shah says:

Same happens to me with flights from Paris to JNB… 🙁

• Mandy says:

It seems to not give the companion voucher as an option. I’m going to play around with dates a bit more. UK seems to work but is more expensive. Ideally we’d depart ex-GVA so we could do ski/sun combined. I did just get a CHF 51.2m fare which I thought was a touch high 😉

• David says:

Drat. Could not get their site to give me the dates with the fare. Any other good business deals exUK to SYD flying next two weeks?

• CV says:

Just to add that Qatar have just announced a new route, flying out of EDI. Great news for avios collectors in Scotland.