Just a quick heads up that November 15th is the last day to register for the latest Marriott Rewards MegaBonus promotion.
It is worth remembering that the promotion runs until January 15th. If you think you may have a Marriott stay between now and January 15th – even if its not currently in your diary – then you should register. You will only kick yourself otherwise ….
Full details of the promotion can be found here. This promotion is active across all Marriott brands, including Renaissance, Courtyard, Autograph, Edition, JW Marriott, Gaylord and the various US ‘extended stay’ chains.
Marriott targets different offers to different members, based on stay pattern. To see what you have been given, you need to log in to your account.
I very rarely stay at a Marriott group property, and if I log into my Marriott Rewards account and click on ‘Promotion Central’, I am offered what seems to be the most generous version:
- One free night for every 2 paid stays during the promotional period
- Maximum of 2 free nights to be earned
- Free nights to be redeemed at Category 1-5 properties only
- Free nights to be redeemed within 1 year
- Promotion runs from September 15th to January 15th
- Last date for registration is November 15th
However, don’t get carried away. Marriott Rewards now has 9 categories of hotels. A typical Category 5 hotel – the best you can get with your free night voucher – would be the Bristol or Northampton Marriott’s in the UK. You will struggle to find anything decent in a major European capital city in Category 1-5.
A further downside is that you could previously earn up to 3 free nights. This latest version of MegaBonus is limited to 2 free nights.
Note that stays at Ritz-Carlton hotels will also count towards this bonus.
Other options for more regular Marriott guests
If you are Marriott elite member, you may receive a different version of this promotion.
- Stay 12 nights and get 25,000 bonus points plus an extra 15,000 points if you reach 18 nights
- Stay 15 nights and get 25,000 bonus points plus an extra 15,000 points if you reach 20 nights
- Stay 20 nights and get 35,000 bonus points plus an extra 15,000 points if you reach 25 nights
Anyone whose Marriott account is set up to give airline miles instead of points will receive a different miles promotion instead.
Whether this promotion works for you will depend on your stay pattern. In hard £ terms, a free night certificate for just 2 stays is far more generous than competing promotions from the other big chains. It just depends on whether you can find a decent hotel in category 1-5 to redeem it.
(To see our complete list of all current hotel promotions for the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)