Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

£50 of free clothing or accessories for Amex Platinum cardholders

If you have an American Express Platinum charge card, an interesting new offer has popped up at the Amex Platinum website.

To quote:

Members-only website BestSecret is one of the fashion industry’s best-kept secrets. Ordinarily, membership to the shopping website is by invitation only, however as a Platinum Cardmember we have arranged for you to obtain a permanent membership at BestSecret. What’s more, when you join, you will receive a £50 voucher to spend.

BestSecret 2

A subsidiary of one of Europe‘s oldest textile wholesalers, Schustermann & Borenstein, the website pulls together an extensive network of luxury suppliers and offers discounts of up to 80% on over 1,000 designer labels, such as Missoni, Valentino and Bottega Veneta. Current collections are reduced up to 20% with over 500 new offers daily.

Your additional exclusive benefits as a Platinum Cardmember include:

• Permanent access to the shopping community

• A welcome voucher for £50 upon registration automatically applied at checkout when purchases are made with your American Express Platinum Card

• No minimum order value

• Complementary shipping

The website says that the offer is scheduled to run from April 3rd to June 3rd.  However, it seems to be already active.

I registered last night, and under Vouchers at the bottom of the page it says:  “£ 50.- Voucher from BestSecret  Valid until 23.03.2015“.  It looks promising!

You will see that I have not listed the registration link above.  You can find it by going to americanexpress.co.uk/platinum and looking at ‘Platinum Lifestyle’ and then under ‘Offers and Events’.

My reason for doing this is that I am not 100% sure that this offer is secure (ie that BestSecret is able to restrict it to Amex Plats only).  After what happened with the Achica offer last year, I do not want to be responsible for it being pulled before those who should benefit are able to benefit – especially as a huge percentage of HFP readers are Amex Plat cardholders.

Given that there is no minimum order value and postage is free, the Amex Platinum members amongst us should (literally) be able to get something for nothing up to the value of £50.  The only caveat I would add is that bestsecret.com is a German business and the brands on offer seem closer to what you would find in a Kaufhof rather than a House of Fraser ….

(To see our complete list of all current credit card bonuses, click here to visit our ‘Credit Cards Update’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Comments (81)

• marc83 says:

I just found a new link. Looks like its only £25 voucher, but better than nothing. Just registered and ordered a couple of seven jeans and puma shirts. https://www.bestsecret.co.uk/affiliate/?token=31lSmjCMHgSDBFcF

• sully says:

Keith said: Or I might wear both at the same time. That way, I’ll have more time on my hands…..

That’s terrible.

• sully says:

Managed to get 4 orders in – but forgot to get a watch on one of them 🙁

• Andrew says:

Seems the offer is completely dead – it’s been taken off the Platinum lifestyle site altogether now. Maybe it will be back on 3rd April when it was said to start.

• xcalx says:

3 boxes have just arrived, 3 good quality toddler party dresses and well packed Plat + sup + gold
    Another £150 off the annual fee.

• TimS says:

One of my two arrived this afternoon. The other is due to arrive tomorrow. Very pleased with the items, especially for free!

• Brendan Sweeney says:

I got mine this morning. 3 really nice t shirts and the free watch is even nice. They might have gotten a repeat customer here, prices are very reasonable. Only problem would be their returns policy

• xcalx says:

I also received 2 orders using BMI MBNA Amex cards

• oyster says:

Received a delivery today. Necklace that was priced as £120 reduced to £55 and then I paid £5 with the voucher. Quite honestly I think it could have been bought on a market stall at £5 anyway. There’s a lot of tat on that site!
    Still at least I got a free throwaway watch!

• Britt says:

Hi, I cant find the link on the platinum site. is it still on there?

• Alan says:

Nope it’s been pulled for now – it wasn’t officially due to start until April, hopefully it’ll make a comeback then and hasn’t been permanently cancelled.

• Frank says:

Just checked both the platinum site and direct URL, both it still appears to be off line. I hope it comes back so I can use it for the sub card!.

• Andrew says:

Yes, have a feeling Best Secret got cold feet when they realised we weren’t quite the high-rollers they thought we’d be! Not sure they expected us to put in several orders each of £49.99. Think that ship has sailed unfortunately.