Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Earn 15,000 Virgin miles with new Hilton promotion

UPDATE – OCTOBER 2020:  This article is now out of date, but don’t worry.  We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above.

Click here for our article on Hilton’s current ‘Double Rewards’ promotion which runs until 31st December 2020. You can register for the offer by clicking here.

Hilton is also offering a 100% bonus when you buy points until 31st December 2020. The website to buy points, and find out more, is here.

Virgin Atlantic Flying Club and Hilton HHonors have teamed up to offer a surprisingly generous promotion for the Autumn.

Between September 1st and November 30th (yes, this promotion was not advertised until two weeks after it started!), you can earn bonus Flying Club miles on most of your Hilton Group stays.

To take part, you must:

Register your Hilton HHonors account at this website and

Set your Hilton HHonors account to earn ‘points and miles’ with Virgin Flying Club as your airline partner

Hilton Diamond 2

You will earn the following bonus miles on top of the standard 2 miles per $1 spent:

1st stay: 1,000 bonus miles

2nd stay: 2,000 bonus miles

3rd stay: 3,000 bonus miles

4th stay: 4,000 bonus miles

5th stay: 5,000 bonus miles

If you value Virgin miles at 1p each, you are effectively getting a £30 rebate back on every stay – and that is before factoring in the Hilton HHonors points and the base Virgin miles per stay!

Note that stays at Hampton, Homewood Suites and Home2Suites only receive 1,000 bonus miles.  That replaces the standard bonus you would receive for that stay – there is NOT a catch-up process.

You need to stay at a Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, Waldorf-Astoria etc in order to receive the full bonus miles.

These rules produce strong DISincentives to make certain stays.  Let’s imagine that you have made 3 Hilton stays and earned the 1000, 2000 and 3000 miles bonuses.

If your next stay is at a Hampton, you only receive 1000 bonus miles.  If your next stay is at a Hilton, you would receive 4000 miles!  It therefore makes sense to move that Hampton stay to a Holiday Inn, Marriott or other non Hilton brand.

Full rules and registration can be found here.

This promotion should double up with the global ‘Triple Your Trip’ promotion which runs until the end of October.  This means you could be earning triple base points for your stay plus a slug of Virgin miles as well.  My article on ‘Triple Your Trip’ is here.

(Want to earn more Virgin Flying Club miles? Click here to see recent articles on Virgin Atlantic, Little Red and Flying Club, and click here for the latest news on earning and spending other airline and hotel points.)

Comments (32)

• barnaby100 says:

Registered for this on Thursday and my Thursday stay has already posted on Hilton with the bonus.

• littlefish says:

Anyone any idea how these Promos view a booking with two rooms (for the same dates)? Is that going to be one stay (ie. 1st stay), or two stays (ie. 1st stay & 2nd stay)?

• Danksy says:

Well in the t&c’s it says ” A “stay” is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again.”

• Hugh says:

i had to get 5 stays to get to Gold, so on a trip to Berlin, just moved in between Hampton and Hilton Berlin each night – they looked after my bag whilst i did my tourist thing – coming back each night to pick my bag up and goto the other one 🙂

• Col A-B says:

Did you not get funny looks?
          Was there a cover charge for looking after your bag?
          Which of the 2 did you prefer?

• Hugh says:

No, though they did remember me
            no cover charge
            without a doubt Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West Hotel – much brighter hotel

• What's The Point says:

Very odd that the Hilton is running both a BA and VA promo at the same time. I’ve locked in my next 5 stays to get the VA bonus points, and will then switch back to BA to pick up the triple/quad Avios offer.

• littlefish says:

The VS promo includes US hotels, the BA one doesn’t; which is a huge difference for the likes of me :). In general, I’d prefer using a BA promo but I’ve switched to VS this time.

• What's The Point says:

Hi Littlefish – question posted above in case you missed it.
        Thanks

• Amy says:

I haven’t had my triple points from a stay in August- I have called the Diamond Desk and I have been told to wait 6 weeks as per the t&c’s! I have switched back to VFC for this promo though. I will be chasing as it’s about 6k BA Avios I am missing!

• kevin cottrell says:

Does anybody know if you book 2 rooms for the same 1 night, does it count as 2 stays or just 1?

• Nathan says:

Just 1 however officially you can get points for both rooms if the 2nd room is a family member

• TravelMush says:

is a stay booked with points ‘eligible’ if i make some spend on my folio?
    thanks in advance

• Corrine says:

Does anyone know if this bonus applies to Hilton Garden Inn, I booked a stay there (Canada) last Friday, I registered for the promo first. The points I have received from Hilton is way more than I expected ! 2500 barclays 1st stay bonus, 750 myway pref, 500 Barcl activation, 278 gold vip, 222 virgin double dip! That was a pleasant surprise. Will I still get the 1000 1st stay virgin bonus ? if so anyone know how long it takes?
    Also I have an Orlando stay booked in December, its 5 nights but because I’ve used points/free cert nights & miles plus points, they are all 5 booked as separate nights, Will this trigger all the bonuses 🙂 prob not … but worth an ask !