Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Anyone received Avios points from a Flybe service yet?

Flybe launched as an Avios partner on October 27th.  Since then, you have been able to earn points by including your avios.com number in your Flybe booking.  Only codeshare services with a BA flight number can be credited to ba.com.

The earnings rate (2 or 4 Avios per £1 spent excluding taxes) is not fantastic although, to be honest, it will be a lot more competitive with BA after the changes of April 28th kick in.

I have received a handful of emails recently from Flybe passengers who have not received Avios points from their flights.  These are not one-offs, they are from people who take Flybe services on a regular basis and are not receiving anything.

Here is one quote from a reader:

“I’ve flown 5 times with them in the short space of time they have had Avios and not one single flight has been credited to my account.  I’ve been in contact with Flybe, who duly investigate and reply saying I’ve been credited the miles.  I then look at my Avios account and I haven’t.”

Flybe

Here is a quote from the HFP comments section on Monday:

“I had 2 Flybe flights credit ok in early December but of the 3 flights flown since none have credited.”

and another:

“Yet to see a single point posted for my husband.”

Paul posted a possible solution:

“I got my Avios for 2 flights after writing locators to t[email protected] and sending them my Avios.com number with spaces between each number (otherwise their system sees it as a CC number and does not show to support staff).  Takes around a month for them to answer but works.”

Flybe has made retroclaiming incredibly hard.  You only have a 10 day window in which to file your claim for missing miles!

Here are the official rules from flybe.com:

Please ensure you have checked the eligibility criteria which are detailed in the Terms and Conditions and allowed 30 days after completion of your whole Flybe itinerary for the Avios to be credited to your Avios account.

Contact the Flybe Customer Service team for investigation via our dedicated Avios contact form here.

You have up to 40 days from completing the eligible Flybe flight to query your Avios application. In the event that you do not make a claim within the specified period, any Avios that are not claimed will be lost.

You must do it no earlier than 30 days and no later than 40 days from the date you flew.  I’ve never seen anything like this before ….. except of course from firms selling goods with dubious ‘cashback’ deals which can only be claimed by posting the claim form on a full moon in June from Hong Kong!

Do post below if you have any experiences to add.  Sadly, my planned Flybe trip this month was scuttled when the flight time was moved by a modest six hours and I was forced to cancel!

Comments (32)

• Karen says:

My husband flies weekly with Flybe and although he was credited with avios for flights in December- none since!

• Oliver says:

I’ve had numerous retrospective claims rejected as I failed to comply with their 40 day deadlines! That’s despite updating my online Flybe profile (post flight booking) to include my Avios Number. Annoying given all my bookings were made using my Flybe profile! Their Twitter team were very quick to respond however, they do appear to have a “computer says No” mentality!

• Oliver says:

Update: Just got off the phone with Flybe and it appears they’re now acknowledging they have a system issue with Avios Numbers. I was advised an email communication is imminent and that all claims will be honoured.

For example on my most recent booking I know for certain I applied my Avios Number at the time of booking however, when I reviewed my booking today it appears the Flybe system rejected my avios number. The agent I spoke with requested I reconfirm the last nine digits of my Avios number.

I await impatiently the offical Flybe communication on the issue.

• Paul says:

I’ve had points for both flight sectors flown in the last month credited to my account this morning…If that’s off the back of your post then thanks 🙂

• tony says:

I got a generic e-mail from them today, saying that they had a problem. My reading of it was that the old Rewards points had been awarded and they would stick. The issue had now been sorted out and Avios would be awarded going forward but otherwise, end of. Charming!

Mail below:

Following the launch of our new Avios Travel Rewards programme, our Rewards4all scheme should have closed for earning points on January 9th 2015. Unfortunately due to a system error this did not happen. We’re sorry about this.

It’s meant Rewards4All points were still being earned and allocated to you after this date. These points will be honoured and we will be rectifying the issue as soon as possible. There’s no need to call or email us, we are on the case and know what the issues are.

Remember you will need to spend your points by 31st March 2015 on flights that depart on or before 24th October 2015.

• Thomas says:

I just had a slightly different generic email from them, and all points have now posted;

Hello,

Thank you for joining the Avios Travel Rewards programme. We have experienced a system error, so there has been a delay in your Avios being credited for your recent flights with us.

We have now fixed this and your Avios have been credited to your account, so there’s no need to call or email us.

We’re sorry about this.

The Flybe Team

• Rob says:

That is not my understanding of the situation and I believe that is a badly worded email ….

• Scott says:

Just got all 9 missing flights credited.
    Suspect this post had some influence, so thanks again Rob!

• Ed says:

Similar story, I’ve flown with Flybe 4 times this year. Tried to claim Avios retrospectively through the Flybe website but can’t manage it.

• HP Saucey says:

Turns out my claim was ineligible as the fare I bought was unpublished…not sure how to find these things out at the time of booking…