News in brief:
Interesting Crowne Plaza money-back guarantee
One of our readers sent me information on Crowne Plaza’s ‘Sleep Advantage‘ guarantee. These applies to all hotels in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The key benefit is this – if you book a wake-up call and it does not happen on time, your night is free.
Our reader has successfully claimed on this guarantee twice at the same UK hotel. On both occasions it was agreed without any excessive fuss.
If you are staying at a Crowne Plaza, book a wake-up call! Make sure that the person you discuss it with takes down your details correctly so they cannot claim it was an honest mistake.
Etihad 96-hour business and economy sale
Etihad has launched a 4-day sale across both business and economy. You can book for travel all the way out until the end of February 2016.
Remember that Etihad flies from London and Manchester with Edinburgh being added soon.
The website does not seem to have an accurate list of the fares – they are listing higher fares than you can actually find. The following were in the email they sent out and do seem accurate:
- Mumbai – £381 economy, £1359 business
- Abu Dhabi – £360 economy, £1999 business
- Colombo – £465 economy, £1738 business
- Bangkok – £421 economy, £1726 business
- Ho Chi Minh – £433 economy, £1676 business
- Kuala Lumpur – £465 economy, £1774 business
Remember that these are only examples and that many other destinations are available. My review of the Business Class Studio on the new Etihad A380 is here.
You will also earn triple Etihad Guest miles on all business class seats and double miles on all economy seats booked via this sale, as long as you register.
The sale website – which also has the registration page for double and triple miles – is here. You must book by April 16th.
How to earn Etihad Guest miles from UK credit cards (June 2022)
Etihad Guest does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Etihad Guest miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
Cards earning Membership Rewards points include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Etihad Guest miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Etihad Guest miles.
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 5,000 Etihad Guest miles. This card is FREE for life.
SPECIAL OFFER: The sign-up bonus on Amex Gold is increased from 20,000 Membership Rewards points to 30,000 Membership Rewards points until 19th July 2022. This card is free for the first year.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Etihad Guest miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Etihad Guest mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.
Etihad Guest is also a partner with the HSBC Premier Mastercard (0.5 miles per £1 spent) and HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard (1 mile per £1 spent).