5,000 Hilton HHonors points on EVERY stay before July 6th!

Hilton HHonors has slipped out a short-notice promotion which will run for just under three weeks.

For every stay at a Hilton Group hotel before July 6th, you will receive 5,000 bonus Hilton HHonors points.

Remember that the Hilton Group includes Hampton, Waldorf-Astoria, Conrad, Doubletree and Embassy Suites as well as the main Hilton chain.

This offer works ON TOP of the current double points promotion which I wrote about here.

You MUST register at this page in order to receive the 5,000 bonus points.

Hilton Gold 350

I don’t value 5,000 Hilton HHonors points too highly.  £15 would be fair.  However, a £15 rebate on a cheap one night stay – on top of the double points offer – is a very good return.

The longer the stay, the less interesting the extra 5,000 points becomes.

It may be worth switching a few stays to a Hilton property over the next couple of weeks to take advantage of this.  However, you should also consider the current Club Carlson offer (Radisson, Park Inn, Park Plaza) which offers triple points on all stays until June 28th.

Don’t forget to register for the 5,000 bonus Hilton points via this link.

(Want to earn more hotel points?  To see our complete list of promotions from the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

British Airways vs Aspire - which is the best lounge in Amsterdam?
Bits: Radisson, Park Inn, Park Plaza and Melia sales, triple Avios with Small Luxury Hotels

IHG

Comments

1. mark2 says:

I am amazed at the disparities between cash price and points price for Hilton hotels.
    For example: Doubletree by Hilton Ealing is £259 or 30,000 points while Hilton Wembley is £195 or 85,711 points.

Even within the same hotel: Hilton Quebec City where I am staying in Oct 15: City View, One King bed is C$419 or 50,000 points while a Parliament View Two Double beds is C$419 or 122,660 points.

• You can only redeem standard rooms for a fixed amount of points. Premium rooms can be redeemed for a price of approximated 3 points per $.

• The odd-numbered ones are ‘premium rewards’. This is where Hilton lets you book ANY room on points by effectively giving you 0.2p per point. (Occasionally some hotels offer enhanced premium rewards which are better value – I booked one at Conrad New York last year.) They are poor value but, frankly, you can’t complain about them because they give you an extra choice where previously you had none.

The ’round numbered’ rewards are standard reward inventory nights. That Hilton Ealing room is obviously a great deal on point – 0.8p vs the 0.3p I usually quote – but that is clearly a night where demand is extremely high because you wouldn’t pay £259 to stay in Ealing if you had the choice.

What you see for Quebec is relatively normal. City View rooms are offered for standard reward availability whilst Parliament View is not.

It can work the other way around. Imagine that Ealing is £49 a night in mid January. A standard room would still be 30,000 points but a ‘premium redemption’ for a superior room selling for, say, £54 at 0.2p per point would only be 27,000 points. You do see this situation occasionally.

2. RIccati says:

As Raffles pointed, there would be no way for AMEX/MBNA/Lloyds to tell what has been purchased, i.e., what is listed on a receipt.

There are certain exceptions when purchasing travel with an AMEX-issued card — ticket information gets passed to AMEX.

3. Graeme says:

I bought a gift card at the weekend from Boots, and also bought stamps at the post office under the similar Amex offer. No confirmation email but the credit appeared on my statement a few days later so you should be fine.

4. Harris says:

I have one question about Hilton. i am thinking to do the challenge for gold. What does the 4 stay means? Do I have to stay in 4 different properties or 4 different nights in one property? Also can I book 4 reward nights and still qualify for gold level?

• Any 4 stays. Can be all at the same property (but NOT back to back bookings). Can be reward nights.

• Harris says:

Thanks !

• Jason says:

I registered for the challenge, and my account says 4 stays to reach silver whereas my wife’s account says 4 stays to reach gold. I’m blue and my wife is silver.
        Will I have to another challenge when I reach silver?

5. Experts will say, might be in bed 🙂

6. Although this offer was announced on 18th June. Hilton very generously credited me with a slug of 5k points for a 2 night stay from 15th to 17th June. With the double points quite a good time to stay there where travellers have a choice… 🙂

7. DW201 says:

1 night reward stay at doubletree sheffield on friday – its still pending but looks like I have recieves 5000 bonus points and 1000 diamond myway bonus points.

I may be spending quite a lot of time in newport over the next few weeks….

• DW201 says:

Also – this makes me even more annoyed that I couldn’t switch to double points this quarter after locking in double miles for virgins bonus in Q1….

8. My staying in Newport is still showing as pending but the 5000 bonus points are showing, did the HRG 4 nights to Gold promo and needed one night at a Hilton.

Tried to make a local phone call so there was something on the room bill, got a number not reconsigned message even though I was sure I dailed it correctly starting with 9 for the outside line. Upon check-out I was presented with a £7.00 bill for the call (should have 15p!). I didn’t pay the bill but bought a chocolate bar instead.