Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Virgin Atlantic reward seat sale now on!

Since I have had numerous emails asking about this recently, I thought this was worth an extra article.

A full analysis will follow tomorrow.

Virgin Atlantic has launched its semi-regular Reward Seat Sale.

Economy and Premium Economy routes are reduced by 30%.

New York, for example, is just 24500 miles return instead of 35000.

Virgin Atlantic

No discount on taxes or Upper Class, however.

You can book as far in advance as you want.

At the time of writing there is no branding on the website but the fares are already reduced.  Pop over to the Virgin website and take a look.

Remember that transfers of American Express Membership Rewards points to Virgin are INSTANTANEOUS as long as the accounts are already linked.  You will also get a 20% bonus on Tesco Clubcard conversions at the moment as I explained here.

Comments (24)

• Lumma says:

Any idea how long this is going to be active for? I need to hit the Amex gold signup bonus, which should happen in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Also how soon do the bonus points appear in my membership rewards account when I’ve spent the £2000

• Rob says:

The points will show 24 hours after the charge that takes you over £2,000 shows on your statement.

The 30% ‘buy miles’ bonus ends on 9th March so it is possible that the sale will end at the same time. We should have the full rules within 24 hours anyway.

• Pol says:

Reward sale ends 24th Feb.

• […] an award seat sale with economy and premium economy routes being reduced by 30%. According to Head for Points, the rates are already discounted, however the sale isn’t mentioned on the Virgin Atlantic […]

• mark2 says:

Has anyone had the Virgin miles from their Tesco vouchers yet? basic and bonus

• ABC says:

I’m puzzled by APD tax for children. Going from US->UK it’s $134.60 for an adult. But $156.90 per person for one adult and one child (2-11yo). Is this to prevent children from entering the UK?

I thought air tax was axed for children back in 2014.

• mark2 says:

surely APD is only charged on flights out of UK?

• ABC says:

Apparently these are carrier imposed fees, not ADP. I am surprised that the CIF are still higher departing with kids from the US ->UK.

• Dale says:

Availability looks pretty poor – particularly from Glasgow, which I took last year.