Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Registration for the new Starwood promo, Triple Up, opens today

UPDATE – OCTOBER 2020:  This article is now out of date, but don’t worry.  We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above.

Click here for our article on Marriott’s current ‘2,500 bonus points’ promotion which runs until 10th November 2020. You can register for the offer by clicking here.

Registration opens today, probably in the UK afternoon, for the new Starwood Preferred Guest promotion.  This covers Sheraton, Westin, W, Le Meridien, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, St Regis etc.

The registration page should be here.

It is called ‘Triple Up’ and there are three ways to earn bonus points:

Earn triple Starpoints when you stay at a Sheraton for two or more nights

Earn double Starpoints at all other SPG brands for two or more nights

Earn an extra 1,000 Starpoints if your stay is for two or more nights and includes a Friday or Saturday night (Thursday or Friday night in the Middle East)

The promotion runs from 9th May to 31st July.

SPG Starwood 350

I tend to value SPG points at 1.5p each.  This means that the bonus for a weekend stay is worth £15 which, at a cheaper SPG property, would be a decent rebate.  You would also receive double or triple base points on top.

Registration closes on 17th July.

The list of participating hotels is here – make sure that yours is not excluded.

In general, the current batch of hotel promotions is not great.  I will do a comparison later in the week.  The Hilton promotion is notionally weaker (double points at all hotels, no weekend bonus) but does not require a two night stay.  Let’s see if IHG can pull something out of the bag.

Comments (11)

• Brian says:

OT – sorry – but people might like to know that Accor have launched one of their bonus points offers. Worth checking out.

• Jonny says:

Looking to take advantage of the “Design Hotels” offer – stay 3 nights by 31 May, and get a free night certificate for any category 1-5 property.

looking to book something up, however I would be staying 31 May – 3 June. Is this stay likely to be eligible, given that the booking begins by 31 May, or not? (my guess is the latter…)

• Brian says:

One would imagine the first night would count, but not the subsequent ones…Probably not worth making the booking only to benefit from the offer, but if you want to stay there anyway, you have nothing to lose.

• Nick M says:

OT (Sorry) – AMEX Supplementary card

I am coming to the end of my first Amex Gold year and have recommended my wife for the card with a supplementary card for me. I have just tried to activate the supplementary card and it is requiring me to link it to an online account…It won’t allow me to link this to her account, if I link it to mine will I still be able to reapply for a bonus in 6 months (+) or will they consider this to be an MR earning account even though the balance is building up in her name?

Last year I was able to activate her supplementary card without needing to link it to an online account, so I’m a little confused as to what they’ve changed!

• signol says:

OT (again, sorry!) My Avios from the Groupon offer posted today. Though not the Iberia shop referral ones, just the 2k.

• Nick Burch says:

Registration seems to have finally launched!