Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Business Class to Las Vegas on BA, Virgin or American for £1,150 this Summer

Via Flyertalk comes this very interesting fare from Dublin – and possibly other places in Ireland – to Las Vegas this Summer.

£1,150 return, give or take, will get you from Dublin to Las Vegas in Business Class.

There are a few routing options available.  You can route into London on Aer Lingus and connect to Virgin Atlantic or British Airways.  Alternatively, you can fly directly to the US on an American carrier and then make a connection to get you to Las Vegas.

As you can see below (click to enlarge), I was able to get Dublin to Las Vegas on British Airways to price up at €1,547 on ba.com which is £1,177:

Las Vegas cheap business class flights

For British Airways routes, you should book at ba.com to avoid any booking fee.  Virgin Atlantic options require you to book via a third party – try Expedia or Opodo – because the Virgin website does not accept Dublin as a starting point.

Remember that, from Las Vegas, you can pick up connections to California.  Anything on American Airlines may be available as an Avios redemption or you could use Virgin Atlantic miles for Virgin America or Delta.

I don’t know how long these fares will be around – they may disappear as quickly as they appeared.  It seems to be bookable until September-ish.

If you have never booked a fare like this before, I need to stress that you MUST travel to Ireland to take the first flight.  Under no circumstances can you turn up at Heathrow and jump onto the second leg without first travelling to Dublin and coming back.

Remember that Virgin is currently offering double tier points and double miles on transatlantic routes.  Meanwhile, Iberia has a generous promotion if you credit a business class flight on BA to Iberia Plus.

If you need a hotel, don’t forget this generous offer for the two InterContinental Alliance properties in Las Vegas.

Comments (43)

• Stephen says:

The fare is ok but there have been better. I am booked DUB-ORD-LAS return J on AA booked in the Christmas sale for £ 800. I also saw HNL ex DUB for this summer for £995 but the dates didn’t work for me so ended up paying £1300 but get 1040 TPs which I think is ok.

• Max says:

OT
    Using the Curve card, how much will it cost to withdraw £1,000 from the ATM?
    Is there a monthly limit?

• Lady London says:

Re BA has anyone noticed that the change fee seems to have increased to 80 euros / 60 pounds for a short haul leg? I’ve been pricing up BA against Alitalia, prices are not particularly competitive and I thought the change fee used to be 35 pounds?

Have I missed something or in additional to seasonality seeming to cause a seemingly fixed higher price on so many routes now at even slightly peak season, is BA ramping up change fees as well?

• LEE says:

Please could someone advise on which product is better between Virgin Upper class and BA first class flying to New York or somewhere in the same distance zone ?
    Both will work out the same for points as Virgin is 80,000 points per person , and Ba is 160,000 But I have an Companion Voucher on the way

Virgin will be cheaper in taxes at £460 Total

• Will says:

BA first is superior in almost every way to Virgin UC.

The decider for me is that on virgin the seat has to flip over to go into bed mode, which means it’s either a seat or a flat bed. On BA you have any graduation of incline available between seat and bed – I usually end up sleeping on a plane with a bit of a kink in the seat so find Virgin uncomfortable.

Also the Virgin product is very blingy which is not backed up by substance all of the time.

• Billy Buzzjet says:

Hi
      And if you fly in to Newark instead of JFK you can experience BA’s new First product on the 787-9 which is even better . Although i’d definitely return via JFK as there isn’t a Concord lounge at EWR and the security lines can be horrendous . I’ve waited over an hour the last two times .

• Darren S says:

Hi. Can someone clarify the luggage situation if I do not take the last leg back to Dublin? Does it not automaticlly get transferred to the Lhr – Dublin flight.

Thanks

• Alan says:

Since the Lockerbie bombing your luggage won’t just stay on board your original flight if you’re not on it, they’ll need to pull your bags when you miss your connecting flight.

• Darren S says:

Hi. Thanks for the reply. So are you saying my luggage will get transferred automatically?

• Alan says:

Hi Darren – you perhaps need to clarify what you’re planning to do. I thought you were going to miss the last leg of your flight? If so your bag will not go on to Dublin. Instead they will pull it in LHR and you’d need to wait for it to be returned at the reclaim belt – how quick this is varies, in some US airports it can take an hour or two! If however you’re moved onto a new flight because of a misconnect they will try and get your bag onto the new flight. If they can’t they’ll courier it on separately. The main idea behind the rules is to stop someone having a bomb in their bag and not travelling on the flight with it – obviously given the change of approach from terrorists to suicide bombings this has less effect but it is still felt to make things a bit more difficult and hence why the authorities still have these rules. With regards missing the last leg in general, I tend to just play the game and fly the full itinerary and earn the full points.

• Darren S says:

Hi. I was just planning to miss the last leg and travel home to London from Heathrow. I wouldn’t consider doing this if it meant my bags would have to be removed from the plane as this would inconvenience others. I guess as you say I would have to travel the last leg.

• Alan says:

The alternative it to build-in an airport change (to LCY or LGW) as then they’d need to give you your bags back but personally I prefer just to take the full routing given it tends to be a great deal I’ve had on the price! Most outstations now won’t let you short-check bags.

• Graham Walsh says:

Why is there such a price difference with starting the journey in Dublin? Nearly ½ the price.

• Danksy says:

I can’t find any decent prices for Virgin? Can anyone post up please?