News in brief:
New Starwood SPG Moments concerts at the O2 now bookable
Starwood Preferred Guest has released a new batch of O2 concerts. It is fair to say that the list has something for everyone. You can catch (list correct as of yesterday afternoon):
- Black Sabbath, 31st January (20,000 points for two tickets)
- Green Day, 8th February (20,000 points for two tickets)
- Strictly Come Dancing Live, 11th February (15,000 points for two tickets)
- Drake, 14th February (15,000 points for two tickets)
- Rod Stewart, 27th February (15,000 points for two tickets)
- Kaiser Chiefs, 1st March (15,000 points for two tickets)
- The Weeknd, 7th and 8th March (20,000 points for two tickets)
- Country To Country, 10th March (15,000 points for two tickets)
- Craig David, 25th and 26th March (15,000 points for two tickets)
Note that there is currently a bug on the Moments website – if you filter for events by ‘Europe’, the UK ones do not show up. You need to search by ‘Music’ or ‘All Moments’.
The SPG Suite is fully catered and is a very relaxed place to catch the music, although it is fair to say that if you want to jump around and sing along you would be better off down on the floor of the arena.
Starwood Preferred Guest is an American Express Membership Rewards transfer partner at 2:1. You can also get 10,000 Starwood points as a sign-up bonus for getting the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express card. I review the Starwood Amex here. You can also transfer Marriott Rewards points into SPG at the rate of 3:1.
You can get your tickets via the SPG Moments site here.
Virgin East Coast sale ends today
Virgin East Coast has been running a four days 50% off sale that will come to an end today.
If you want to travel on the Virgin East Coast route between 31st January and 31st March, head tot the Virgin East Coast website before midnight to book your tickets.
There are 400,000 seats in total available in the sale.
You can book for example:
- Edinburgh to King’s Cross £20 (First Class £35.25)
- York to Newcastle £6 (First Class £9.90)
The 17th – 20th February period is excluded from this sale.